V7.0.3 - close but (still) no cigar

What this forum should be used for is constructive comments to help Steinberg find a common issue with certain systems.

So perhaps everyone that is having problems should list their system specs, and maybe a common theme will run through systems that have problems. Maybe certain things can be eliminated as not causing problems, such as Powercore drivers, UAD drivers and Jbridge etc (these run on my system with no issues).

I suspect the biggest culprit will be graphics cards and audio drivers. I had to put a new graphics card in when Waves upgraded once, and that then solved my glitching I had when moving between two monitors in Cubase.

No one can deny that Cubase runs perfectly well on SOME systems, so it is what 3rd party software/drivers is causing the issues with some systems that needs to be determined.

Well 7.03 works fine for me, very stable and I love the new mixer. My specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i5-3570 overclocked to 4.4Ghz
16 GB Ram

Same here. And I’m 100% sure I don’t have the same machine Steinberg uses for testing, because I built it myself… :wink:

i7 3770k
32 gb RAM
256 gb SSD (OS), 3x 3tb SATA III (audio, sample libraries, media), 3x 3tb USB 3.0 (external backups/archive)
Windows 7 x64

Stable but buggy…

I do …
:sunglasses:
… 'till someone shows me a working Mixer zoom,
that stores and recalls it’s settings.

Yes, there are users, who may not touch the broken parts.
That does not mean that it runs “perfectly well”.

Could You guys please try this simple Repro :
In the mixer, make some drastic changes to the vertical and horizontal zoom.
( Faders and racks )
Close and reopen the mixer / Save and reload the song
Does it open exactely as it was before ?

Thanks, Jan

Crass, but funny. Although you have to hand it to them still. The 7.0.3 update bug fix list was miles long. They ARE doing something but it feels like lots of loose ends still left untucked.

If I only use one mix console, it has happened that upon re-opening, the faders were slightly wider. But not by much: hitting the G key once or twice would restore it as it was before. But if I use two consoles (like I usually do, since I use 3 screens), then only #2 will open on program start. And if I hit F3, console #1 will load perfectly as it was before (I know, odd…)

Not perfect, but I see it only as a minor graphic glitch that can be fixed in two seconds.

BTW, I’m on Win 7 x64. Maybe this issue is more serious on a Mac?

7.0.3 is a step back for me, it crashes far more than the other releases and channel zoom settings are wacky. I’ve had it fall over just by manually entering a pan setting.

This is on a MacPro 1,1.

At least it now remembers the MPEX algo :slight_smile:

Well, I’m on Win7 64bit, too.
Would You mind trying the few repro steps ?
It is important, to first noticeably change the zoom, horizontally and vertically; faders and racks.
Then try to close/reopen the mixer or save/reload the song.

Jan

I can confirm the strips/faders become wider every time you use F3 to open the mixer. I have to use “G” every time I open the mixer. Maybe it is possible to set up a macro as temporary solution (something like “F3” + “G”, but i guess it’s not that simple)?

Other than that I am very pleased with the upgrade. I finally can hide channels that I do not use and they do not show up in my controller (BCF2000). Cubase is rock stable on both my systems (Windows 7 main and Windows 8 test), and the remaining niggles (Variaudio clicks to name one) will be solved in 7.0.4. I had one hang (Cubase had to be stopped using the task manager) on my Windows 8 system, just after the install. A simple reboot solved the problem, and it never occurred again (and I have thrown enough test projects on the poor thing).

Tried that again, changed the zoom level, same results. If two consoles are open, upon re-opening Cubase, #2 is same as before, #1 not open but if I press f3 it shows up exactly as before. If only one console is used, when Cubase re-opens the faders are slightly wider.

no problems here with the mixer resizing when opening and closing in different zooms ,2 mixers, the work spaces even save now and the mixer views save as expected

Hmm… I have a fresh test install (7.0.0 + 7.0.3 upgrade) on my Windows 8 system. I will take a look on that system if it has the same problem.

I only use one monitor, so maybe that has something to do with it…

Anyway - I will report back here soon…

The mixconsole doesnt even save zoom settings anymore…Closing the mixer and reopening seems to reset the zoom.
I rolled back to 7.02, cant be arsed to come here looking for fixes or answers.

Well - tried it with a fresh install in Windows 8 as said earlier.

Unfortunately the size of the faders also go wrong on this install. I tried with a new and an old project, but that makes no difference. As an example I tried the “Live Forever” demo project. When pressing F3 the first time I have 18 faders. Pushing F3 and F3 again (to close and re-open the mixer) gives 29 faders in the same space. Repentantly opening and closing the mixer sometimes gives 17, 19, 28 or 29 faders in what seems to be a completely random manner.

There is no difference between 32 and 64 bit versions, and (as said) it makes no difference if it is a new or old project. Fortunately I do not often switch between the mixer and arrangement screen (most times I use the mixer screen in the last stage of the process), but it is truly annoying.

When playing the “Live Forever” project I also noticed the video playback screen remains black (no video), when playing the project. This has been working on the 7.0.2 version. I have to go back to my “main” computer to verify if this is also not working on that system tough…

Still no reason (for me) to roll back to 7.0.2, but it is annoying and I hope this will be solved (by a new update or by a temporarily work-around).

Yep, that’s what happens here.
I went from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 and thought, this might be part of the problem.
Obviously not.
Sadly I can not go back, as 7.0.2 didn’t fix any of my personal showstoppers …
:neutral_face:

The mixer saves zoom settings for me. I was having trouble with it forgetting the zoom level in windowed mode when I first updated to 7.0.3, but after setting it to full-screen and then back to windowed mode again, it’s been fine.

I hope that works for someone else.

I have tried to reproduce.

Could not.

Maybe a graphic card thingy ? (amd driver ?)

Thanks anyway, tp3.

I found, that just loading another song does not trigger the zoom reset.
You need to restart Cubase ( what I did a lot recently )

I had another go with 7.03 last night I give up. Loads of mixer issues inserts vanishing and then coming back same with sends and the resizing thing arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have now got a new problem. Guitar Rig 5 will not run correctly in 7.03 it runs spot on in 6.5 but 7.03 for some reason makes guitar Rig crackle and bang like there is a hardware fault or cable problem in 6.5 NO ISSUES I GIVE UP. 6.5…MY BEST FRIEND

System Specs…Win 7 Pro 64bit, Asus P7P55D-E, Intel Quad 2.8 64bit, Corsair 6gig 1333mhz, 5xSata drives(high spec ones), 1xUSB hard drive, Hyper 212+ cooler, Corsair Ltd edition 600T case, 2x IPS 23" Monitors, Grphics card GForce GT520, Pulsar 2 Audio card 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit/7.03 32bit, Reason 6.5.3 32bit, UAD1 card, VRM USB box, Liquid Mix 16 firewire and SB Midex 3 USB