Win 11, Cubase Pro 12.0.40
Edit: Vari Comp is also not a Steinberg plugin, I’m not sure how I came up with that.
I had this problem with 3rd party vst3 plugins, but couldn’t pin it to cubase because all of them where by Native Instruments and it could have been their fault as well.
Now it seems, Steinbergs own plugin Vari Comp also has this issue.
Steps to reproduce:
- create any instrument track
- put a Vari Comp on inserts
- enable write automation, hit play and move around a knob, for instance Input
- an automation track has been created now try to edit it
- click an automation node and enter a new value in the top bar
- it will always result in either maximum value (17.1dB for Input in this example) or minimum (-oo dB), regardless what value was entered
My Native Instruments plugins (at least some of them) have the additional problem, that the value of existing notes is also not correctly read out. The top bar doesn’t show the value of the node, but instead the last value set during playback. So it’s always the same as this one