I’m running Cubase 3 with a Korg Triton Extreme keyboard via an M-Audio Fast Track Pro.
When I play notes on the Triton during playback of the project, for example, constant 16th notes, the sound I hear stumbles and stutters intermittantly. i.e. sometimes there is monitoring latency, sometimes there isn’t. This occurs whether recording is activated or not but only when there are also MIDI events on the existing tracks being played back.
The resulting recording is fine - i.e. the notes are in the positions that I played them in, however the intermittent latency during playing makes it impossible to hear what I’m playing properly during recording!
I’ve tried the following:
- Monitoring icon on the track switched on or off
- Sync icon on transport bar switched to ‘offline’ or ‘internal’
- ‘constrain delay compensation’ set to ‘off’ or ‘on’.
- ‘use system timestamp’ box in device setup/MIDI/direct music/: set to: ticked or unticked
- Triton MIDI clock set to ‘internal’ or ‘external’
Nothing seems to make any difference. Occasionally the problem doesn’t occur but then I try playing MIDI on a different track and it still occurs. What could be causing this?