variaudio - dividing pitch

As seen on the screenshot cubase has not divided all the pitch-differences into block (the greenish-blocks) after clicking the variaudio. Any idea if its possible to set this block dividing more detailed.

Sorry for a bad description. Hope it makes sense anyway.

Regards Dr Tolle

1 Like

Hi,

On the screenshot, there is no VariAudio, there is an Instrument track. Could you be more specific, please? What is the source? And what is the expected result, please?

ups. Screenshot changed. It should be the right one now.

The audio is a piece of some pulsewave playing an arpeggio in 32th. As seen on the screenshot the white line resembles the pitch but the greenish blocks has not been divided along with the white pitch-line. or at least only some places.
I would like to have the greenblocks divided along with the pitchline. So guess its probably some solution setting that should be set to a higher value.

hope it makes sense now.

Dr Tolle

Hi,

Do I understand you right, you want to split some of the events? Then move your mouse cursor to the bottom part of the event, where you can see the line. The Split tool appears and you can Split the events.

actually I would like Cubase to split it automatically. When clicking on ‘edit variaudio’ Cubase automatically divides the audio-clips into different pitch-blocks (or whatever its called). But in my case the resolution is apparently not high enough.

So the question is - is there anywhere you can set the resolution for how Cubase divides the pitch into blocks ?

Regards Dr Tolle

and an additional question. how come some events cant be split ? as seen on the screenshot this block cannot be split.

Dr Tolle

Hi,

There is an internal sitting algorithm in Cubase which decides where to split automatically. You cannot tweak it’s parameters. If the event doesn’t split, you can do it manually.

To show the split line, you have to more hover over the event you want to split.

On the screen shot above I am actually hovering over the event. But when taking the screenshot it does not include the mouse-pointer. However it can be seen by the text box that appears where the mouse-pointer should be.

I guess the event cant be split because its already quite small ?
As the other longer events has no problem being split.

Dr Tolle

Here is a video so the ‘problem’ can be seen.

Is there a way to override the tool switching from split to glue while holding option/alt when the mouse hovers gets close the next or previous split in a VariAudio area? Sometimes I want to make a cut very close to the next or previous note but I’m not able to do so. In the Cubase 13.0.10 key commands I didn’t see a shortcut for a split tool in the sample editor and there isn’t one in the toolbar.