Variaudio - Midi in

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been addressed before, I did try searching the forum but couldn’t find anything relating to my specific question. I have read the manual and fear that there is no way to do what I want to do but I thought if I could get an answer it would be here! Hopefully I am just overlooking something obvious. So:

I have used Variaudio on a bounced melody from an old track of mine, it has done a good job of extracting the midi notes from it. Very useful as I can now use these to recreate the melody using a vst synth.

I was hoping I could then send this midi to a Variaudio’d clip to control the pitch of a vocal part for example? I notice there is a midi in button but from what I have read this can only be controlled manually by midi or virtual keyboard.

Is there any way I can make it receive midi in from the midi part rather than manually keying in?

If not can anyone suggest another method?

Many thanks,

Phil

Hello,

From what I know the midi in, in vari audio menu, can only be controlled while playing with midi or virtual keyboard. Your other option if you have exported a midi track out of your audio, would be controlling a pitch correct pluggin with your midi track but since it’s not the same pluggin as vari audio the result will differ greatly.

Cheers,

Hi, I am not sure, but:

Why not route the midi track to a midi out of your midi Interface, Loop it back to a midi in and use that as a source for variaudio?

Cheers, ernst