Various Feature requests and Cubasis potential

Hi guys

On paper this app has it all and has so much potential. But I find myself closing it every single time after opening it. There are so much head scratchers

Firstly the sampler is limited . There’s no portamento / glide and no mono voice option. The volume envelopes aren’t flexible . The possibility of editing start / end points of samples would be great as well . Perhaps the biggest gripe is importing samples. Why is it you have to make a preset for the sampler every time you put a sample in it ? If you don’t even end up using the sample you find yourself with unused presets .

I can’t seem to find a loop function on midi clips.

It would be great if you could see the frequencies in the eq and filter .

My biggest issue is the DSP. Using the app is almost impossible using for example one instance of synth master 1 . On beatmaker or nano studio on my iPad 8th gen I can use almost 2/3/4 instances of synth master . So what’s the deal with the bad DSP/ CPU?

Apologies if any of these issues have been resolved . I really want to use this app , especially because it can freeze audio . But it seems I can’t unfortunately

“Mini sampler” explains the basicness of it.its not a full fledged sampler
So untill they upgrade their sampler, the best you can do is pre-prepping samples with a 3rd party “wave editor” like GoldWave.

Hi

You should be able to loop midi and audio clips by long clicking on them. It doesn’t always work for some reason but it will if you reload Cubasis.

Yes, you’re right, you should be able to load a lot more synth/fx plug ins. I’ve got 80 of those loading into my current project! I’ve had to reduce the Latency to do it.

I couldn’t agree more about the Sampler.

Any response from the developers?..

Hi @Luc_Veermeer,

Thanks for your message and sorry for my late reply.
I’ve seen this topic as an open discussion between users.

The MiniSampler in Cubasis is intended to provide a simple, quick and easy option to create your own instruments. Cubasis fully supports Audio Unit (and more formats). If you’re looking for more, maybe an AU compatible 3rd party sampler solution makes sense for you?

So far, Cubasis does not have a loop function for MIDI clips. Please use copy/paste instead which should work pretty easy and quick too (see clip example below).

Normally Cubasis should run fine when using a current iOS lineup device. Nevertheless, our engineering constantly evaluate the options for optimisations.

My biggest issue is the DSP. Using the app is almost impossible using for example one instance of synth master 1 . On beatmaker or nano studio on my iPad 8th gen I can use almost 2/3/4 instances of synth master . So what’s the deal with the bad DSP/ CPU?

Please share a short clip with me which shows the problem, and make sure to include shots of the “Setup/Project” and “Setup/Audio” pages. Please upload the clip via YouTube, Dropbox or similar and share the link with us right here, or via PM.

In addition, please give the following steps a short check:
(1) Load the “New Project” template.
(2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis.
(3) Fully shut down the iPad.

Does Cubasis run as expected, once you’ve restarted the iPad and the app?
What happens, when you introduce 3rd party apps piece by piece? Also, please take notice which 3rd party plug-in leads to high CPU use.

Thanks!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars