vcruntime140_1.dll error message after install

Recently purchased cubase 10.5 after building a new machine. machine works fine, although after installing cubase i am presented with “The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. reinstalling may fix issue.” This did not resolve the issue.
I purchased a physical elicencer at a guitar center as well as the software dl. The guy at gc said that steinberg had to physically verify license and this may take a few days. Has anyone had similar issues as im not sure if this is the wall the employee at GC was referring to or if it is a different issue.

Hi and welcome,

Install Microsoft Redistributable, please. Or reinstall Cubase from the full installer as administrator, please.

Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Install to the system (C) drive.
1 Like

Hi -
After running Cubase 10.5 Pro for seven months, I ran into the same problem. I got “The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. reinstalling may fix issue.” I am running Windows 10 64-bit OS. Other online suggestions included downloading latest version of Microsoft Redistributable files, reinstalling Cubase, etc. What worked for me was to go to “Add or Remove Programs”, locate all versions of “Microsoft Visual C++” programs in the list, click on each individual listing, select “modify”, then select “repair”. Instead of installing anything additional on my computer, this repair process fixed the corrupted OS files. Also, prior to this action, I had run, under the command prompt, “SFC /scannow”, but this action returned, “there were no integrity issues” with any Windows files.

3 Likes

You just solved my problem in 5 minutes! Thanks for sharing buddy

Thank you very much. You helped us a lot!