I have a very large VEPro instance that I use with Logic Pro successfully and I’ve been wanting to use it as a playback template in Dorico. The instance in VEPro uses 5 midi ports each housing a section of a large orchestra. After watching " Creating and Sharing Playback Templates | Discover Dorico" video, I thought I had enough information to tackle this large project. So, I decided to do a quick test by setting up a very small VEPro instance that only used 2 midi ports:
VEPro - Test Instance
– MIDI Port 1: Piccolo (ch. 1)
– MIDI Port 2: F. Horn (ch. 1)
- created an empty Dorico project, added single players: Piccolo and French Horn
- inserted VST VEPRo and connected to my test instance
- inserted VST VEPro Input Event and set it to port 1, linked to VEPro (test instance)
- inserted VST VEPro Input Event and set it to port 2, linked to VEPro (test instance)
- created expression maps for the 2 instruments and linked them via endpoint configuration.
Everything worked excellent so I then saved the endpoint configuration. Finally, I created a Playback Template and added my newly created endpoint first, then, as fallback, HSSE + HSO Pro as second entry (fallback).
Now, the problem: When applying my new Playback Template to an orchestra project template, only the VEPro Event Input VSTs are loaded. The main VEPPro that connects to the instance does not load. Hence, the Playback Template doesn’t actually work.
Is this a known issue that Dorico doesn’t understand the dependency between VEPro Event Input and the parent VEPro VST? … or, hopefully, did I miss a step somewhere along the way?
Any insight would be appreciated, thanks