Verifying Expired Cubase 12 Licence

I’m trying to verify my expired Cubase 12 licence as outlined here:

I follow the procedure but I am not able to select the licence to upgrade. The usb elicencer is connected and working because I can run previous versions of Cubase.

What Cubase licences do you have showing in eLicenser Control Center?

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

Please see attached image for my elicences.

Thank you very much for your help.

Carey

Steinberg_Licences.png

You have already completed the eLicenser part of the upgrade procedure. Open a support ticket; this needs someone at Steinberg to remove the validation requirement on your Cubase Pro 12 licence.

I would love to open a support ticket but unfortunately that is not an option in Canada. There is only email support here (steinberg@yamaha.ca) and i’ve sent two emails over the last week and have heard nothing from them.

That’s how you open a support ticket (emailing them). The last time I contacted Steinberg support it took 2 weeks to get a (non-helpful) reply.

You have already completed the eLicenser upgrade. I’m assuming you’ve already rebooted your computer at least once and re-checked the Steinberg Activation Manager. If the license status still hasn’t changed, Steinberg support are the only folks who can help, I’m afraid. :frowning:

Two weeks for a reply? They must be really understaffed or simply don’t care.

I resorted to calling Yamaha Canada and asking someone there to reach out on my behalf.

Coincidentally I just received a reply a few minutes ago after 7 days of waiting. I will update this thread as I work with support to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Carey

I think their support is definitely understaffed. It’s always a busy time whenever a new major Cubase version drops, but this release has been extra bad due to the ridiculously complicated upgrade process and bad new licensing mechanism. Their worldwide support staff are swamped.

Yeah you’re probably right. I don’t envy the support team. Must need some pretty thick skin.

I’m really disappointed about moving away from the USB key. It has worked well for me for many years.