Version 11 with RME

I’m considering purchasing an RME HDSPe AIO card. Is anyone else using this device with the most recent version of Cubase? Before I drop the bucks on it I’d like to find out and get some opinions.

I’m not using that card - but RME have a great reputation. I’ve been using them for years.
I’d suggest that their drivers are the best in the business.

Go for it :+1:

1 Like

I can’t see there being a problem as they are very reactive with drivers and tend to be on top of things. You could drop onto the rme forum as tech support are answering questions everyday

I have been using the RME HDSPe AIO for years with various Steinberg applications, including Cubase 11. The PCI card runs stable on a Windows 10 desktop in the home studio. The achievable latency is low (<3 ms) and the drivers are updated regularly. The supplied software (TotalMix FX, DIGICheck) is extremely flexible and useful in practice, especially the diverse routing options. Although the AIO is not cheap, I think the overall price-performance ratio is ok.

Thanks for the responses. I’ll be sure to check the RME forums. Like mentioned above, they are not cheap and that’s basically why I wanted to do a little due-diligence before jumping in.

1 Like

Best drivers and support on the market , like others i can’t speak for the card but i do use Rme myself ,absolutely rock solid

Nothing related to the DAW version and audio interface as long as it fulfills the AISO standards.
RME is known for decent drivers with great stability and performance. If the specific sound card you mentioned is a good choice I can’t say. I own RME UC and I am quite happy with it in regards to performance etc. I only liked to have more analog in and outs and also dedicated outs instead of using outs for headphone (shared). Many companies like to count so and so many i/os where the truth lies in the details. For instance ADAT is mentioned many times adding 8 in and outs but that is only with 44,1 kHz. For me ADAT is useless. But generally speaking RME is a good choice if you choose your device carefully.

Hi Etchell
who says Adat is only 44’1khz ? im running Rme Grey faced ADI8 pro at 48khz with an Rme FF800 , the later versions run at 96khz via Adat so there are more options than 44.1khz

1 Like

and what does ‘ADAT’ mean ? are we talking about the ADAT optical interface or an actual ADAT :slight_smile:

The ADAT interface allows up to 96khz sample rate as FilterFreq says but as Etchell (nearly!) says, with 8 channels @ 48khz

1 Like

Ahh , good point

I don’t use the physical ADAT inputs either, but that doesn’t necessarily make those channels useless. The routing of the TotalMix FX software allows the playback of a software application to be used instead of the built-in physical input (“loopback” mode). This way I use the 4x2 ADAT channels, without having a real device connected to them.