Version 2.0 Update for UR-C Interfaces

We are pleased to announce the release of an update version 2.0 for the entire range of UR-C audio interfaces.

dspMixFx UR-C version 2 includes new features, which make it more user-friendly and versatile. The included Guitar Amp Classics plug-ins have been refined by adding a noise gate and cabinet simulations. Integration with Cubase has been improved by adding the UR-C functions to the MixConsole and adding the Channel Link function to the hardware input settings.

The UR-C version 2.0 update is available for the entire range of UR-C audio interfaces, updating the firmware as well as providing an update for the TOOLS for UR-C (which also includes an updated version of the dspMixFX UR-C application and the Basic FX Suite). An iOS app update of dspMixFX UR-C is available through the App Store.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

3 Likes

Excellent!

This UR-C 2.0 driver for Mac is shamefully Steinberg. No native Apple silicon support. I am very disappointed.

Yamaha Steinberg USB Control Panel - Apple Silicon native - YES
dspMixFx_UR-C - Apple Silicon native - NO

Steinberg UR-C Extension - Apple Silicon native - YES
AadmBridge - Apple Silicon native - NO
Yamaha Steinberg AADM Extension - Apple Silicon native - NO

Basic FX Suite DSP - Apple Silicon native - NO
Basic FX Suite VST3 native - Apple Silicon native - NO

How much longer do we have to play around with Rosetta 2 to be able to use an integrated UR-C interface in Cubase?

5 Likes

Updated Firmware and software. AGAINā€¦Steinberg does not care about Users requests.
STILL not possible to rename the channels in the dspmixer.
ā€œmore userfriendlyā€¦ā€
What a JOKE ! Is it really that hard to fix this???

1 Like

After the update, dspmixfx ur-c still cannot connect to ur22c, prompting disabled. How can I solve it?

Hi, I recently upgraded to this version as suggested, followed all the Installation Guide notes and found some issue.

• The Release Driver when Cubase is on the background is not working
  • When I switch back to Cubase from other applications it lags for a couple of seconds
  • After closing Cubase I still have no audio on other applications (not even in web content like Youtube)

My workstation:

• DAW: Cubase 12 Pro (12.0.20)
  • Interface: UR816C Driver V2.0.0
  • PC: AMD Ryzen 7 / 64 GB RAM / 1.29 TB free space

Actions performed already
I already checked that my projects have the same sample rate as the system sample rate:

• 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000Hz (Studio Quality)
  • Checked the ā€œRelease Driver when Application is in Backgroundā€ box (as stated earlier)

Any pointer to fix this issue will be appreciated

1 Like

Just uninstall Yamaha USB driver and install the old USB driver of 2.0.3

1 Like

Same problem here.
Steinberg Team, please solve this issue in a future update.

Steinberg, please make MIDI usable in HA mode.

Can anyone else comment on the reliability of this upgrade on Windows 10? Iā€™m really hesitant to upgrade since the version 2.0 contains no major improvements (from what I can tell). My concern is that Windows will rename the device (forcing me to update my tracks in Reaper), and that there will be some other problems ( I have two UR816C units, one in HA mode). It doesnā€™t seem to be worth the upgrade, can anyone comment ?

Iā€™d avoid the updates for windows 10. Ran into multiple problems with them and rolled back myself.

1 Like

I was thinking to buy UR-44C. I have a MBP 14ā€ M1 pro. I know the drivers arenā€™t native yet. But works smoothly on apple silicon? Thanks!

So you are telling me the solution is to downgrade?

EDIT.
Just saw that going back to V2.0.4 is the reccomended solution from Steinberg for the audio drop out issue. Just sis and it seems to be working on normal desktop usage. Iā€™ll check if it works when using my DAW (Cubase Pro 12) and mark it as a solution.

Thanks for the Advice! Hopefully a better version or solution comes soon from Steinberg!

Upgraded my UR-22c under Windows 11. Process was flawless.

Is it really that difficult to provide a way to turn off direct monitoring? Every other interface Iā€™ve used has that capability.

Will a dspMixFx 2.0 update ever be made available for the UR line of interfaces? I have a UR242, and I would be interested in some of the feature in the new version of dspMixFx. Itā€™s a bit frustrating that this update hasnā€™t been made available for the UR line of interfaces.

Iā€™m using a Steinberg UR24C interface and I have massive problems after having applied the latest firmware and running the latest ā€œStandaloneā€ version ā€œ2.0.1ā€ of Steinbergā€™s DSPMixFx application (using its bundled USB driver V2.1.3). Iā€™m using a Windows 11 PC with latest BIOS and OS updates with a powerful Intel i9 / 12 Gen CPU inside.

Even though I have only 48kHz sample rate enabled for all of my projects (defined and verified via ASIO Control Panel) and having two individual line inputs available on this interface only, Iā€™m just able to apply one single effect in total, e.g. for input 1. After that itā€™s not possible anymore to apply a second effect to the other input. When trying to do so, a warning message appears, telling me that ā€œmy DSP ressources are insufficientā€ and I should better reduce the FX channels. What?

I was aware that there have been some problems in the past with these URC interfaces, especially when trying to run multiple effects simultaneously in conjunction with a sample rate of 96kHz or so. However, its ridiculous that itā€™s not possible for me to apply one particular effect to each of these two input channels at least. In fact, in the GUI there are even two effect dropdown menus available for assigning two different built-in effects per input, so why can only one singe effect be effectively enabled in total in my case? Strangely, I can assigne one ā€œchannel stripā€ instance to each input. But when Iā€™m trying to do the same with ā€œeffectsā€ instead, I get the error message.

Btw.: Loopback or any other additional stuff is all turned ā€œOFFā€.

Can anybody tell me whatā€™s going on here? How can this be fixed, or is this a general DSP limitation for the URC Steinberg hardware? And if yes, why is this fact not documented anywhere?

I took a close look into the UR24C manual where the DSP restrictions are clearly stated:

ā€¢ Two Channel strips cannot be used in the same channel.
ā†’ Fair enough. Not applicable in my case, as I intend to use the amp effects instead, as explained.
ā€¢ Guitar Amp Classics cannot be used in stereo channels.
ā†’ Also no problem in my case, as Iā€™d like to use separate mono inputs instead of stereo.
ā€¢ Guitar Amp Classics cannot be used when the sample rate is set to 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz.
ā†’ Also not applicable, as Iā€™m using 48kHz instead.

So, in fact thereā€™s no single word written about the fact that for the UR24C no more than one single amp effect can be applied in total, e.g. in order to apply one amp effect per mono input channel.

hey there. did you manage to solve the problem? Iā€™m having the same issue and canā€™t get it to work!