I get a lot of files in as dual-mono. And I always insert them into a stereo track in the montage. Wavelab names the clips and any auto generated markers for the files with a vertical bar character. That’s been ok for me because I always render “all regions - cd tracks” and Wavelab converts the vertical bar character to a dash in the exported files. But I just tried exporting “selected cd track” and “specific region” and Wavelab doesn’t translate the vertical bar character, so the export file name is invalid. The same happens if I open the dual-mono files as a stereo file in the “audio file workspace” and try to export, the export file name is invalid.
It seems inconsistent that Wavelab translates the character in my “all regions” case (and in “selected clips” renders), but not the other cases.