Vertical scroll/zoom with mouse

There’s a horizontal zoom with the scroll wheel but not a vertical one. I know we can hit Shift+G/H but having something tied to the scroll wheel would be very helpful to speed up workflow.

We currently have:
Scroll = track list moves up and down
Shift+scroll = track list moves left and right
command+scroll = track list zooms horizontally

What I’m proposing we add to complete all possibilities is:
option+scroll/command+shift+scroll = track list zooms vertically

2 Likes

not in general… it depends on the workflow
many need other things tied to the mouse wheel…

and of course it depends where you point the mouse… what happens…

… I think it’s fair to assume if you’ve got one shortcut tied to the scrool wheel adding an additional key to do something similar would be the next logical step. Something like Command+scroll for horizontal and command+option+scroll for vertical or even option+scroll.
If that’s such a contradictory thing to your workflow then maybe having the option to select which key is used for the alternate zooming.

the mouse wheel scrolls up and down by default… that’s what I like to have…

… right… no one’s arguing that… I’m saying now you currently have:
Scroll = timeline moves up and down
Shift+scroll = timeline moves left and right
command+scroll = timeline zooms horizontally

What I’m proposing we add to complete all possibilities is:
option+scroll/command+shift+scroll = timeline zooms vertically

1 Like

No… the track view scrolls up and down, nothing zooms…
Hover the mouse over the zoom sliders to zoom in and out with the wheel without using any additional keys

now you’re just being difficult… you’re right. I meant track list and not timeline. Everything else is correct though. The missing key combination for zooming is vertical zooming since horizontal zooming is already implemented and so is panning. Not sure why you’re so against adding something that would complete a featureset. Do you not use shortcut keys at all? What do you have against adding another? This is a feature request, not a “find slightly longer ways to do things” thread. I could move my mouse to the sliders each time I want to zoom, but zooming is something I do often enough to where I don’t want to have to move my mouse to a small 10 pixel UI to zoom.

Zooming with a key and scroll wheel will always be faster than going to a corner and getting your mouse just right over the UI and scrolling.

1 Like

Your first post wasn’t very clear on that… it suggested that you like to have things changed completely… that’s why I answered “not in general”
I do use shortcuts regularly

Not sure how since the first line’s context is existing shortcuts and adding a similar one to complete that featureset. Regardless, I’ll edit my original post in case anyone else gets confused.

now they get confused about the conversation at all :wink:

and what you mean with track list zooms vertical? Track height, waveform display?

If you read the command list and context and are half familiar with Cubase you should be able to figure out what I mean. There’s no need to nitpick and create problems where there aren’t any :wink:

How is such a thing not implemented in such a feature rich DAW…still?

What you mean?
After two years, it is still not clear what is missing? Changing track height or waveform display?

You are still on Cubase 10?

Really? All track heights obviously. Go watch a video on how it works in Logic. What’s the point of me being able to make tracks wider, but then I have revert to some dumber method to make them vertically bigger?

You are still on Cubase 10?
Time for update.

I’m on 12

So why do you answer a two-year-old post that is not relevant anymore?
Shouldn’t the setting “Zoom horizontical only” solve the issue?

I’m trying to imagine English isn’t your first language and that is why you come across as such a rude, troll like character.

If I was replying to a 2 year old post, gee I guess it must be I’m looking for answer to a question I don’t know.

Thanks for your reply, as stated and named in this thread, we are looking for VERTICAL zoom ability with a key command + mouse scroll. To match that we can already do horizontally.

If I was really after something amazing, it would be the ability to just use one key command and scroll left/right and up/down with my Apple Magic Mouse like I can in Logic. But let’s just hope for the ability to zoom vertically with mouse in any capacity for now.

Did any of the Mac users tried the setting mentioned above?
If you disable it, I would expect to have horizontal zoom on the magic mouse.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 9.16.24 AM
If you’re talking about this then no. That requires the zoom tool.
The request is simple. Have vertical zoom with a mouse the same way we have horizontal zoom.