Vertical zoom on mouse wheel

And on Apple magic mouse, like horizontal zoom

Would be nice to have natively for sure!

In case you need a work around, here’s what I’m doing with SoundFlow. And it’s much more then just vertical zooming.

Here’s a video of it:

And this is the package I’ve created:

Nice job!

Isn’t it too complicated?

Highly recommended Key Commands IMHO:
zoom.PNG

Well that’s obviously up to every single person to decide. I use both key commands and mouse for zoom. It depends where my hands are at and what stuff I’m doing. I’m also able to apply fades via my mouse.

But coming from Logic originally, where it’s very fluent to scroll in and out both vertically and horizontally (and with a track pad it’s even better) it was on of the first things I missed in Cubase. So I know where lucatron is coming from.

If just Steinberg could add the option to assign mousewheel in keycommands this would be easily solved.

+1 a hundred times!

+1

+1 this should be a native feature!

+1000

+1 but as an FYI, if you’re on Windows, download and install Autohotkey (completely free and open source), put my little scirpt in a file with an *.ahk extension and run it. It will allow you to vertically zoom with Ctrl+Shift+scroll while running.

#SingleInstance, force
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive ahk_class SteinbergWindowClass
    ; Use Ctrl+Shift+scroll for vertical zooming
    ; (I found that using Send would also send the original modifiers in Cubase, while SendEvent
    ; worked as expected)
    ^+WheelUp::SendEvent, H
    ^+WheelDown::SendEvent, G
#IfWinActive
1 Like