Very annoying (and old) audio events linked selection bug

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer (and sorry to reply that late).

• Tracks are indeed inside a folder but with group editing disabled. You can actually deduce it from the video, because as soon as you cut one of the events so that the end positions of both events (on different tracks) coincide, then the tracks become linked. Undoing the operation, or moving the end point of one event inside the event editor) is enough to break the link. This is what I tried to show in the video. This behavior would not happen if group editing was enabled I guess.
  • I don’t remember about the Fade-out, but I would say that it’s not that important as it was just an example. As soon as the tracks are linked, ANY KIND OF MODIFICATION you do on one track is simultaneously applied to the other one. It can be fade out changes, but also selection, move, delete, you-name-it operations.

The difficulty with this bug is that one cannot always reproduce it, even though it appears quite often: my last two project sessions have unfortunately suffered from this bug. There are probably specific conditions which provoke it, but I obviously do not know them all. I can say that both tracks are within a folder track. Then I cut one event on one track twice on the left and on the right, defining new begin and end points. Next step: I enable (with “j” key) the “snap on events” function so that I can cut the audio event on the other track to fit exactly the event position and size from the first track. What I can assure you is that these conditions are NECESSARY (probably not sufficient though) to reproduce the problem: position and size must perfectly match. By the way, this also happens with MIDI or instrument events (not only audio ones).

I hope I was clear enough!

1 Like