Video and Audio (Cubase 11 Pro)

Hi, basic question but having just got to using audio with video…one quick point: is it advisable to add video to a cubase track with everything done to it…so the right mixers, compression, eq, OR as I think download the audio as a wav file and then add video. However, if the second option is best, do I need to do anymore to the sound quality i.e. add further compression, eq etc (because it already has all this from the original mix?)
Screenshots attached for second scenario.
Thanks
Phil

Hi,

Sorry, I didn’t get your question. What is your use case? What do you want to achieve, plese?

Hi, so adding my Cubase audio track to a video - can do this easily. But is it better to add video to the full Cubase tracks (with all vst’s, audio, midi) and of course all the mastering/EQ, compression, limiters) or…is it best to import a wav file and then add video. Now if you do this, you can still add lots to it…is it worth doing it this way?

Thanks

Hi,

It doesn’t matter. You can do it both ways. If you still have to do some adjustments on the project, you can import the video to a project with all tracks, of course. (One of the most common use case is to compose a music for the video, so you import a video to an existing template – with loooooots of tracks and you start to write the music for the video.) But you can also import video and audio file and do just the finalisation tasks.

Does this answer your question, please?

Hi, thanks for that. Yes it answers in a way but you know that having a lot of VST’s etc on a track can pull the memory - add to this the video and it reduces computer memory even further. When I see tutorials, they always seem to download one wav track…but what they don’t explain is what they’ve done to it i.e. all the mixing and compression and whether that is added later. But I take your point, you’re scoring a film, you’d like to score in time with the video. A separate monitor for video is perhaps the thing to overcome this as Cubase rarely plays smoothly and I’ve got quite a lot of good memory sized computer.
Does the sound quality differ (audio levels) with both approaches?
Thanks
Phil

Hi,

No, the sound quality is the very same in both cases.

Thanks. Very helpful Phil