Video Engine

Hi everybody!

Just got Nuendo 8.
A bit surprised to find that I can’t play ANY video file that is played flawlessly on the same system by Nuendo 5.5 and Nuendo 7.
Nomatter what output. Onscreen video shows black screen with timecode and Blackmagic UltraStudio doesn’t show anything at all.

Also Nuendo 8 wouldn’t import audio from certain mp4-s, that is again done flawlessly on the same system by 5.5 and 7.

Always been your faithful user, Steinberg. Would expect a bit of quality for that price. Releasing software that is so underdeveloped - that’s not the way to treat your customers. Should have kept previous video engine, Steinberg, until you get a new one to a working condition.

OS X 10.9.5, MacPro Late 2013, Nuendo 5.5, Nuendo 7, Nuendo 8, Blackmagic UltraStudio Express Thunderbolt.

I’m experiencing the same thing. The import dialog recognizes the format and gives the description correctly, but clicking OK has no effect. Dialog closes, no video imported.

When I do get videos imported, the performance is spotty. H.264 encoding causes Nuendo to experience 1-2 freezes every 90 seconds or sow., That’s when I tried different encodings. The only other one that will import is Avid DNxHD for which I had to purchase the codec from Steinberg. It does playback flawlessly without freezes and hiccups.

Again, N8.0.15 on Window 10. Something seems not quite right!

• Jason

Alas, my production workflow does not allow extra time for back and forth conversion into formats suitable for Nuendo 8. So I guess I’ll have to stick with 7th for the time being. Until some major update.