Video Export - DNxL issues

Hi

I’ve recently upgraded to N10 and am having issues with black video on video export. I receive a warning message that I need to install the avid codec. I have reinstalled the codec and playback of the file is fine.

Installed Codec:
Video_Decoder_for_Avid_DNxHD_2.1.0_installer_vcredist_x64_2013_win.exe installed.
Warning Message:

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

I recently got the same message, although I’m on Mac.
The video which caused the warning was converted into DNxHD by a program called “DNxER” by Audiospot, which I’ve been using quite a long time without serious issues.
Note: “my error” appeared immediately when I wanted to play back the video. I’ve read in your post that your video plays back fine, doesn’t it?

Though, when I converted this very video from the original format into DNxHD again, but this time through a recently-purchased-program-called-“FF Works”, Nuendo didn’t render this error and played the DNxHD-video flawlessly…

Since I’m not able to check “from the outside” whether a DNxHD has been converted properly or not, I can not 100% certain say that DNxER’s coding was the culprit, so please forgive me if I’m sending you into the wrong direction now.

Niek/ Amsterdam

Check if you have the Steinberg Avid codec license and the latest plug in installed to playback Avid DNxL files in Nuendo. Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD® | Steinberg
If you do there are still limitations like it won’t playback Avid DNxHD 10bit.

My file is a direct export from the adobe timeline. I have also tried exports directly an avid timeline from Avid MC, I still get the same Video Export error.

Video Export works if I use .mp4 files which indicates to me the problem is the decode of the Avid DNxHD file by the encoder rather than an encoding issue.