Video file is different length to it's audio file, how is this possible?

Hi

I’m finishing up the mix for a feature film, and have just dropped in the video file which has the rough mix audio, and when I zoom right in to the end, the audio is slightly longer than the video, about 1 frame. How is this possible?

The frame rate and sample rate is correct. If I drop the same file into Davinci Resolve, the end of the Video file is exactly the same as the audio file, as it should be

I’m on a super tight deadline, and need to sort this out. Any ideas? Image below…

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 11.40.04

The strangest thing is this is happening to most video files I drop in to Cubase now. I even went back to recent projects, and the video file and associated audio file are identical in length as they should be. But if I drop the same video file in again, it looks like the above image, the audio being a fraction longer! I tried dropping in a whole variety of video files, most of them do this, but some of them don’t

I’m totally stumped. Framerates and sample rates are correct. But even if they weren’t, this shouldn’t cause video and audio to be different lengths should it.

Has anyone got any clues as to why this may be?

1 Like