Video import - copy to working directory?

Hi, all-

I’m using Nuendo 6, and have a Nuendo 7 question. When importing video, does N7 give the option to copy the video file to the working directory? This option is available in 6 when importing audio, but for some reason, not video. So video must be manually copied to the working directory (in Finder, Windows Explorer, etc.) if you’re wanting to keep all project assets together.

Is this option available for video import in Nuendo 7?

Thanks!

-Mark

Hi,

I’m sorry, this option is also not in Nuendo 7.

I keep my video files on a different disk than the audio sessions.

That’s certainly a way to go. I like keeping it together, so when a project is revisited months or years later, I simply load the project and it’s all intact. It’s not a big deal to do it manually, but was hoping the same logic that applies to audio files might also apply to video, at least as an option. Again, not a huge deal. Thanks!

-Mark

If I recall correctly, archiving a project and including video in the archive will put the video file in with your other project assets.

I also like to keep chase video on a separate drive, for all the usual reasons, but when it’s time to back up they all go in one folder together.

Chewy

Hi,

Yes, Backup of the project can copy the video file to the same folder.

Thanks. You know, this sounds silly, but I hadn’t looked into Nuendo’s built-in backup feature. I’ve been using software that performs backups of all my projects to an external drive, but this feature may be worth trying if it pulls all assets into one place for the archive.

Thanks!

-Mark

I just created a small sample project that included non-local video. I used the “Prepare Archive…” feature, and told it to include video. It copied the video into the root of the project directory. :slight_smile: I re-saved the project, closed it and re-opened it, and everything was intact. The video clip in the pool refers to its new project folder location. Perfect! Thanks, all!