Video of Spikes - Mac OS X Users

I’ve been working with Steinberg trying to isolate the issue and so far they haven’t been able to reproduce it in their lab so I figured I’d catch it on video. Please watch the video at the link I’ve provided and report back if this is the same issue you guys are seeing. In my case they happen on average every 3 to 5 minutes and they can last 2 to 4 seconds. They happen with different sequences in different parts of the song.

To eliminate any 3rd part hardware or plugins I tested using the built in Mac sound card and used one instance of HALion and one instance of Padshop Pro.

Hi,

That is one nasty problem.

Have you checked Activity Monitor in /Applications/utilities (and then select ALL PROCESSES instead of My Processes only) and see what is bogging your cpu so much ?

Did you also try Wifi off ?

Are there other background programs running that you know of ? Or check your login items in your user properties.

Yea I and others have checked all those. Several Mac users are reporting the same exact issue which is why Steinberg started a thread in the “issues” section. I’m trouble shooting with them now but so far no luck. If I load up V6.5 runs smooooooth so it’s something in C7 that has changed.

Don’t forget us PC users please, I have the exact same issue as your video and just like you, it happens in C7, but never in C6.5.

Interesting, I wonder if Steinberg is aware of that.

I have exactly the same problem. Macbook Pro 13 2011 - 4GB Ram - 128Gb SSD using internal sound card, no matter which plugins…