Video on second display/projector

We are currently evaluating support for BlackMagic.

2 Likes

Will there be an open beta test to participate in?

It seems that minimizing the view using CTRL + ALT + Mousewheel down, to see the complete videotrack and easily set the locators, crashes VL. Using the ā€œ-ā€ button below the tracks doesnā€™t cause this behaviour. :thinking:

The cycle button doesnā€™t restart my videos. In the preview-window the last picture of the tracks freeze, but the trackview cycles back to start. :man_shrugging:

Just tested, works fine here! Can you elaborate, what kind/length of video, cycle range etc? May be check again with update (very soon)

ā€¦but you are right about ctrl/alt/scrollwheel, thereā€™s something fishy there. For now, you are advised to not to, sorry. Fix will not make it into next version as it is already scheduled, but we have scheduled next version already. Thanks for finding and sorry for the inconvenience.

MP4
Lenght: 00:43:07
Size: 720 x 576
Rate: 4070 kBit/s
Full: 4232 kBit/s
Framerate: 25 FPS

Audio: 162 kBit/s
Channels: 2
Rate: 48.000 kHz

Thanks. 45 min full hd 15 MBit mp4 plays fine here. Maybe it also was a result of the zoom out problem mentioned? Do not use ctrl/scrollwheel, there is a bug there that makes it freeze.

1 Like

Iā€™m unable to set the right locator to the end of the video as the track view doesnā€™t scroll forward rightways, getting at the end of the screen, using the locator-R by keeping the left mousebutton pressed.

And there is no right click function to tell VST Live that the locator should be set anywhere at the timeline I need it to. For example if I got to the endposition using the scrollbar beneath the tracks.

Setting the right locator at a postion in the same window as the left one the video cycles as I need it to. But so it cycles at min 10 but not at min 43 or so.

Ok I was able to put the right locator at the end of the video and the left one at the start. But then the trackview doesnā€™t jump back to the left locator having finished the video. Still the last picture freezes.

But if I click stopp a few moments later the video in the monitor window is at the position it should be.

I found out that the counter cycles correctly but the video does not.

Very curious ā€¦ :thinking:

Iā€™m using version 1.0.10.575

Found some bug in video cycling, pls check again with next version coming soon. Thanks for reporting!

There was talk of this video issue being fixed a year ago? Has it been fixed yet?

Like others, I can connect a projector to my laptop but neither Cubaseā€™s inspector, nor device manager, recognises it.

I want to be able to send the video only to the external projector whilst being able to view other Cubase screens (Mixer / Arranger) on my laptop. That isnā€™t possible at the moment.

So if I want to play a video on a projector, my only solution is to make the video preview (F8) full screen and hide all other Cubase activity, which is far from ideal as it means I cannot access other screens without minimising said video.

Iā€™d be grateful for any advice, please!?

You are speaking of Cubase only, this forum is related to VST Live.

There are too few requests for direct Blackmagic support, it makes no sense to allocate valuable resources to it. But we are running a Blackmagic card successfully using its system monitor support, so we can run our projector seperately fullscreen w/o problems.

You mean VST Live, not Cubase, correct? Running Cubase and VST Live concurrently is not supported and not recommended, even though it might work to some extend.

If the external monitor or beamer is available as a system device, there should be no problems running it as a seperate video view in VST Live, check Devices/Video Views, and Devices/Video Monitors. There are up to 6 video monitors each of which can be assigned to a system screen (monitor, beamerā€¦).

1 Like

I apologiseā€¦ I was referring solely to Cubase.
Iā€™ll try to find the appropriate forum.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hi @musicullum , I do not 100% understand the discussion about, but I was planning to buy such a device (Thunderbolt->SDI external adapter) from Blackmagic in the near future:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/ultrastudio/techspecs/W-DLUS-13

It shows Cubase is supported also. But if that wonā€™t be working, it meight be better not plan to purchase if the purpose is to send quality VIDEO signal from VST Live via SDI cable.
Thanks for your reply,
Felician

Afaik it should work as a desktop monitor, but not sure. Some other output cards do (via HDMI, at least).

thank you for your reply!