Greetings, my fellow Cubasers!
Hope you’re doing well.
I would like to know if you can help me solving the following problem, please:
I must soon deliver a project that consist in creating music and special effects for a video, however, in Cubase 10.5.30 when I press the “F8” key - the Video playback - and when it starts it just shows the beginning of the video (just some seconds), sloppy and then the video playback screen starts to stay black and I cannot see anything of the video anymore…
I’ve tried almost everything:
- Windows 10 OS updates;
- Tweaks in Windows to run faster and smoother;
- Tweaks in video card;
- Last Cubase 10.5 updates (the 10.5.30 version built on Feb 16 2021);
- Tried almost every configuration in Studio Setup;
- Tweaks in Cubase to run faster, low latency, etc.;
- Changed the Aspect Ratio and the size of the Video Player;
- Activate Multi Processing;
- Get Frame Rate from Video in Project Setup;
- I even tried to change the Record File Format to match the video Sample Rate…
And so on…
It’s a MP4 file, 48 kHz. CODEC: H264 MPEG 4.
Unfortunately I have a very short deadline and I only have about a week and a couple days left and I don’t know what to do. I didn’t wanted to upgrade (yet) to Cubase 11.
All the help you may provide to me is greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much for your time and any input you may provide to me.
Stay well and have a great time composing, playing, recording, mixing and/or mastering!
G. Barros (Gunth)
Windows 10 Home 64 bits / Intel Core i5-6300HQ CPU@2.30GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M / Samsung SSD 256GB + Western Digital HDD 1TB