Videogame Trailer Music

Here is a piece inspired by more of the content/cultural backgrounds of the new World of Warcraft expansion, which is Pandas/Chinese. Written with the varied parts for an imaginary trailer; - YouTube

Any comments compositionally and production are welcome. Production has been my weakest point and I -think- I’m learning some new things.

Thankyou for taking the time to listen. Regards, Jonathan.

That sounds amazing man, huge and cinematic. Can I ask you what did you use for the orchestral sounds?

Thankyou for the compliments. I’m using Cubase Artist (32 track limit is still a nightmare for this kind of stuff, the woodwind section is completely absent in this piece.)

The samples libraries are; EWQL Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Stormdrum 2, Voices of Passion (only the few notes after intro,) Silk (for the Chinese instruments Erhu and Dizi.) There are some Choir Aahs in there but they sound too bad to have any louder. EWQL Symphonic Choirs is my next purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the biggest differences to the sound quality was purchasing QL Spaces reverb plugin, the amount of clarity it brings makes it one of my most undervalued products until I heard the difference it made in orchestral recordings.

I use Izotope Ozone 5 (not the pro version yet) for mastering because I don’t even understand what all the things involved in mastering do and stuff, it’s such a big area to learn and master (if you pardon the pun xD .) The preset I use is Symphonic - Choir, and I just tweak it from the stuff I learned in the manual and try to learn a new thing each time.

You seem to know what you’re doing here! Sounds great! Couldn’t possibly make suggestions – I just don’t know enough about scoring.

Sounds great!

really well done…very nice composition, just seemed to lack bass at my end…but hey, maybe I’m being picky, Kevin

When I can afford it, I’m going to get a videogame trailer, and park it in my driveway. With at least a week’s worth of supplies.

Thankyou all. I try to compensate for bass because my headphones are quite bassy and sometimes I think it’s a bit weak. But the double bass here is playing at near to max/max expression/velocity and even boosted to the +6db xD If anything I’d put it down to lack of timbre from missing the woodwind bass instruments.

And lol @ that :smiley: Would be a good idea yo xDDD

Just to say i checked out your Trailer last night. Absolutely top draw. Really Impressed! :slight_smile:

Hehe, thanks alot goddfodder glad you enjoyed it!

Love this great job with EW products

Thanks Kenny :wink: