Vienna Ensemble Pro takes too long to open in 12.0.10

Ok I found the issue ,
so I have effectively a big VEP template :
44 midi port
150 audio outputs

I reduced the midi port from 44 to 4 and it worked flawlessly .
So Cubase 12.0.20 struggles when we have a lot of midi port .
By the way , I have a lot of midi port because I want less instances , which is recommended by VSL .

Hope you could fix it on a next update .

And just to make sure: This wasn’t happening in Cubase 12.0.0?

No , I rolled back to cubase 12.0.0 1 hour ago . And it works perfectly fine with 44 midi port .
Thanks for your support !

Fixed, thanks a lot, this was driving me nuts. Windows 11 April update, i7-12700K

@zolhof @Riggs How many MIDI ports and audio outputs do you have in your VEP setup?

12 ports and 96 outputs.

Matthias and @Sotoko , please disregard my previous report. It isn’t fixed, I’m afraid.

When I updated VEPro, it somehow defaulted to 8 ports (instead of my usual 48 ports) so it loaded instantly and I thought it got fixed.

As soon as I changed to 48 ports, the dreadful load times returned. 59s per instance. And it now takes almost 6 minutes to CLOSE one instance. Rolled back to 12.0.0 and it works without a hitch – both load and close times are instantaneous, how it used to be prior to 12.0.10.

1 Like

Got some data in case it helps. My template is fairly small compared to whatever you guys are doing, I never had any reason to use more than 15 ports but just out of curiosity I tried 48 ports and can confirm the issue. It takes forever to even shut Cubase down. Installed 12.0.0 again and no problem whatsoever, flawless performance, hundreds of outputs and dozens of ports.

So yeah appreciate the improvements over 12.0.10 I can at least use 12 ports and ATMOS but not good for large templates. Please fix it properly.

1 Like

Hello, I’m the one who made the thread about this over on VI-C, just wanted to post here as well that the issue is still happening on the new update 12.0.20. Spinning beach ball for 30+ secs when clicking the edit instrument button for any VEP instrument.

This was an instantaneous process under all previous versions of Cubase, including 11 and 12.0.0 regardless of number of ports/instances, etc.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in with everyone that Cubase 12.0.20 did not fix the issue with VEPRO loading slowly. 12.0.0 works great as intended. I can provide any files necessary to help the dev team narrow the problem down.

Cheers,
DMDComposer

1 Like

I am a beta tester…and yes it is ok after the first open…which takes a bit. Yes…release version of 12.0 didn’t have a problem at all.

I use only 12 ports and while the plugin loads faster than 12.0.10, it’s now taking 20 seconds per instance to close a project. I noticed it today after having to jump between cues and being forced to stare at the screen for 5 minutes each time. Done a ton of tests, it’s very obvious and the problem escalates with every port that is added to an instance. 12.0.0 and previous versions work as intended.

Come on friends at Steinberg we need a real fix. Atmos was the reason I upgraded but not at the cost of Vepro. Very frustrated right now.

Just chiming in with my experience, same for me in 12.0.20, Mac Pro intel, Monterey 12.3.1.
I have a lot of outputs (288) and 16 midi ports.
When I click on the “e” (F11) VEP opens instantly but cubase hangs for 15 seconds.

I understand I got a log or outputs, but last version of cubase 11 worked as a charm.

EDIT: just did a test with a template created with C12 and latest VEP7 (iLok). Template uses about 90GB of RAM, local server. Cubase Project is very basic, with about 140 midi tracks.
Even though I created it with C12, I’ve opened with C11, and WORKS ABSOLUTELY GREAT. VEP opens up instantaneously and doesn’t hang after 15minutes of work like in C12.

Also, another issue: with cubase 11, when I use a cubase shortcut, that get transmitted from VEP to cubase. With C12 it doesn’t anymore.

Hi there, Cubase update 12.0.20 (Win 10) and the VEpro 7 plugin takes about 10 seconds to load each, which makes it impossible to load my template.

My VEPro instances have 32 Midi and 64 audio channels.

I loaded it in Cubase 11 and everything is fine with the VErpo Plugins.

As long as that issue is not solved, I will stay with C11 for my template-projects. Not a big deal, but I would prefer working with the most recent Software I paid for.

Hi,

Same issue here! Had to revert to 12.0.0 for now. Unusable with 12.0.20. (takes more than a minute to load a Vienna ensemble pro 7 plugin).

Using Monterey.

1 Like

Same here with Monterey 12.4 and cubase 12.0.20.

Thanks for sorting this one out in the new update :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Hi,

Do we have confirmation that VEP is now fully functional with 12.0.30?

Thanks!

N.

Hi , yes it works as expected !

Way faster and more reliable on 12.0.30. In my experience that made the difference between being usable and not. Happy with 12.0.30 (beside a couple small things that don’t work, i.e shortcut to trigger cubase when the focus is on Vienna, which works well on C11).