View Filter MIDI Notes/Data by MIDI Channel

These are fairly sufficient workarounds I already employ, so my suggestions are efficiency and workflow based.

Colourizing works, but you lose whatever you are switching from which for most is probably Velocity.

Dissolve Parts I do use and I do use multiple MIDI tracks sometimes to separate CC control from note triggering, but, depending on what this MIDI track is controlling and how, it’s much easier to work all on one track/part.

A big reason for the idea of a view filter… It’s actually about being able to quickly selection one channel of notes without selecting the others, making changes to only one channel group of notes… For example, decreasing the velocity of ch1 notes, and increasing the velocity of ch2 notes.

Yes, this can be accomplished with LE, but, that would require soo many scripts to cover all channels and all, even rudimentary, editing actions.

With my idea, I could filter out Ch2 notes to see only CH1, apply my LE volume decrease script, negate view filter, then do CH2. That’s very very fast and hassle free workflow.

Does this make more sense? hope so. What do you think @csurieux

Just had an idea, there could be some great key command functions added to this idea like ‘Filter View Channels of selected MIDI event(s)’.

1 Like