View Midi Note Names in Key Editor

I would like to view the note names on the midi notes themselves in the Key Editor. Did I search for this and it revealed that toggling “Note Expression” off would allow for this, but that is not working for me.

Ideas?

Thanks for the help!

-Fox

Hi and welcome,

Yes, you can do so. Just Zoom In Vertically (Shift + H) until the note names appear.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Yes, I’ve already tried zooming in and this does not cause any midi note names to appear (regardless if I toggle Note Expression).

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-Fox

Ah…finally figured it out. I wasn’t toggling Note Expression (though I thought I was). Finally found where note expression really is, and toggled it off. Nice!!!

I am using Cubase 10 and can’t get the note names to appear in Key Editor, even though I zoom vertically and toggle the Note Expression Button. Still no note names will show. This is getting really frustrating, indeed. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of the Key Editor window, please? Maybe we will see something…

Martin, here is a screenshot of the keyboad editor.

Hi,

Could you try to Zoom In Vertically even more, please?

I have the same problem. I am using Cubase 10 and can’t get the note names to appear in Key Editor, even though I zoom vertically and toggle the Note Expression Button.

Hi and welcome,

Your “Show Note Expression Map” is enabled. Open the Setup Toolbar (right.top corner) and enable Show Note Expression Data. The Show Note Expression Data icon appears. Disable it.

cool
thank you Martin