Virtual Guitarist 2 iso compatibility

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the Virtual Guitarist 2 iso in ‘My Steinberg’ I had installation problem in Windows 7 it was error 225 whatever that is, I upgraded to Windows 10 and although it completed the install with no errors the standalone version initially launches and closes down, anyone have any ideas why this is, and if I have to roll back to Windows 7 is this iso version compatible with it?

I am the administrator and sole user and a licence holder of this software.

Thanks, any help will be very much appreciated

Andi :smiley:

I have VG2 running in Cubase on Win10 without any problem as a vst plugin, I never tried standalone though.

Just a note of caution. VG2 will not work as a vst beyond Cubase 8.5, this is not to do with being a 32 bit plug in a 64 only environment. It is because Steinberg changed something which means that C9 and 9.5 and presumably all future versions don’t recognise the license on the dongle. The same goes for Virtual Bassist. I spent a lot of time with Jbridge trying to resolve this. In order to maintain backward compatibility I have kept C8.5 on my system.

It would be handy if you can put some specs in place for others to see. I would think that rolling back to Win7 should be a last resort!

Thanks Parrotspain,

I read somewhere there you can apply for a new licence and copy that onto the dongle, does anyone know more about this?

Thanks

Andi

Cubase 9
Presonus 24.4.2 AI
Asus P61
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM

Scrub last message, VG2 is working on C9 Windows 10, my mistake was thinking that the jbridge plugin would be visible in vst intruments - it isn’t so I was going on the basis that if the VG2 standalone wasn’t working it was incompatible, hence my original query, anyway thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Cubase 9
Presonus 24.4.2 AI
Asus P61
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM

Pleasing to hear that you have Win10 / C9 working. If you move to C9.5 and can make it work there, I’d be keen to know how. I gave up!

I haven’t used VG2 much in recent times, but I have projects going back years, decades even that I occasionally need to access. There is a faction here on the forum that sneer about backward compatibility beyond a couple of years, but when they have been in the music production game a while longer, they’ll realise how much of a problem it becomes. Then again I went pro in 1975, so I accept that my views are more extreme than some.

It’s the same here, I have to revisit tracks a lot of the time, I have all the Ujam VG’s but I know VG2 inside out and it’s usually a starting point in the initial creative process, clients always want a result, yesterday…

It’s the same here, I have to revisit tracks a lot of the time, I have all the Ujam VG’s but I know VG2 inside out and it’s usually a starting point in the initial creative process, clients always want a result, yesterday…

For guides and quick fixes, I use Strum GS2 as I am a weak guitarist and it’s very quick. It’s enough to point the way and then record proper players later on. Sometimes with a bit of Waves Abbey Road ADT it makes it to the mix.

VG was the same for me, a basic but really useful tool. The mandolin patches were dead handy too, but now since I’ve not got VG available I bought a real mandolin!

Hi can anyone help me to get Virtual Guitarist 2 64bit because this one that i have is compatible only with 32 vst. My cubase 10 pPro blocks the 32 bit vst. Pleas