Virtual Keyboard out of Transpose

Hi there,

I don’t know how I’ve done it but the on-screen keyboard is out of correct transpose… :hot_face:

Any idea how I can reset it?

Hi,

It works for me here.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Just tried it, but it’s unchanged… :hot_face:
Please try this out what happens on your side.
Keyboard.zip (1.7 MB)
I’ve removed all other non related tracks
To ggmanestraki
Use it if the same happens on your side…

Any transposition taking place from Halion? Input transformer on the track? Transpose on the track?

If you find out how you did it please post about it! I wish I could transpose the on-screen keyboard! :smiley:

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
I remember that I was experimenting with transposing inside Halion, Transposing MIDI, etc. but everything was out of success what I wanted to do…
I’ve re-started today to check out again some possibilities with Onscreen keyboard and recording to different tracks and was wondering why I had suddenly a strange sound from the key-board and from the MIDI notes inside the HALION VST track. When I was playing MIDI notes from the MIDI track (send to Halion) it was working correct. Same when playing the keys on Halion…
I thought I’ve found the problem with a remaining automation track (from the HALION VST Track) which did the transpose. It worked correct again after removing this automation track. But after new start-up the on screen keyboard and HALION VST track played the MIDI notes in the wrong pitch again… Sorry, I don’t know if it helps you or not but if you have a time, give it a try and start experimenting. But be careful, you can’t change it back again… My on-screen keyboard is now permanent several octaves lower than original… :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

Hi,

Do you Create Empty project, or do you use already existing project or project template, please?

Just uploaded my small project.

It was working very well until I’ve started to play around with modification of automation tracks and recording …

Hi,

As I can see, you are using the MIDI Modifier > Transpose -62 on the HALion Sonic SE 01 track. Set it to 0 or just Bypass the MIDI Modifiers.

Thanx for pointing it out. Seems I got lost in the several possibilities of modifications,
I’ve checked whatever I’ve remembered but seems I’ve missed this MIDI channel on this track …
Seems that during saving the Project something got lost as it was working correct until I’ve reloaded the program (maybe I just forgot to save it after that change?).
I’ve tried to re-produce this issue but couldn’t…
Anyway I’m happy to have this issue solved.

Just a final question I do have to this topic:
If the MIDI modifier is used, why does it change the On-Screen keyboard and MIDI notes inside the Halion track only but not of the send MIDI data from the MIDI track (Track name: Chords)?

In my understanding there should be no difference if the MIDI data is send via the On-Screen Keyboard or via a MIDI Track…
It seems that the routing of MIDI Data (inside Cubase) is different between the MIDI Track and the On-Screen Keyboard.

Hi

Please find it here:

1 Like