Vocal editing

Hi, I’m very very new at this so please bear with me…

I have Cubase 7.5 on Windows 8.
I would like to know how to edit vocal tracks to make a final one (pick the best parts of each vocal takes to a new track). In studios, the engineers use Pro Tools so I’ve only seen how they do it there, but with Cubase, even though I try to drag parts to another track, it’s not working. I’ve been searching the net with no success, I’m probably not searching with the right phrasing, as I’m a complete amateur at recording alone.

I know with Pro Tools, they can just drag the parts they need to a new track, and it goes to the exact same location as the track they picked it from. Is there a way to do the same with Cubase?

Thank you very much in advance!

There are several ways to accomplish this and it is in the op manual but…

For starters just right click on the vocal track and duplicate it a few times. Then edit the tracks as you need.

Another way… add as many audio tracks you need. Highlight the audio part you want to move or copy to the different track. Right click it and choose copy or cut. Highlight the audio track you want to place it on and right click to paste it at the cusor location.

Of course, like you mentioned, you can just click the audio part you want to move and drag it to the new track. To keep the audio at the same time location keep the snap function enabled.

So, I listed a few ideas but, the op manual needs to be reviewed a little.

Good luck

Regards. :sunglasses:

Look up ‘Lanes’ and ‘Events to Part’. These are 2 great ways for quick editing of multiple takes.

Plenty of stuff on the youtubes too if you search comping or editing audio in cubase 7