Vocal tracks volume randomly drops

H everyone,
I have vocal tracks in a mix. When mixing out there randomly comes a point where the vocal volume just drops dramatically for no reason. Nothing has been adjusted or altered. Out of desperation I have sometimes re-mixed the vocals again bringing the volume up again to the level it should be. Then, on occasions the volume goes up and is now too loud. It’s like amind of it’s own. I can’t get my head around what is going on. This has also only started happening in the last 2-3 months. If I load an older backup file of the same song then I can find one where the vocals are back to where they should be. But if I take mix out, then make adjustments to mix out again, before long the same thing happens. Then I have to load another backup again.
I wondered if it was a CPU thing (as mine can struggle a bit), but not sure why volume of the file would need more CPU. The composition does have multiple tracks
The plugins I am using in order for the vocals are:
iZotope Nectar 3
TR5 EQual EQ
Slate digital VBC FG-Grey compressor
GW VoiceCentric

Thank you for any advice and help.

Martin

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Is the drop always at the same place of the project, please? If yes, double-check your Compressors or Gate.

Make sure none of your plug-in is in the Trial/Demo mode, please.

Thank you for the reply.
The drop in volume affects the whole track, not just part of it.
If I adjust the volume to compensate for the drop, it might randomly become to loud again at some point. So it’s as though it changes when it wants too.

thanks
Martin

I’m experiencing the same problems. the recorded vocal tracks suddenly dropped while mixing. Every single one of them at the same time. When I remove all the plug-ins nothing changes. Is there a known solution at this point?

I am using 13 and have a similar problem. The volume will drop or dip for a second then be fine. This happens two or three times during a track. It effects all tracks. It also exports with this issue but in different place. I have called twice and sent a support ticket with no solution. I have disabled all plugins and tried an earlier version and still persists.

same here!
happens in every project,
using random plugins!

this is really weird!
win10 c12pro

Just a thought. Disable READ automation on the affected track.

Neundo 13 same problem, random volume drops