Voice numbers & colors questions

Hello again,

I would like to know if the color of the voices are connected to their number.

Blue 1, Pink 2, Green 3, Orange 4?

In the attached project I got an orange color for what I thought it the second voice.
(Usually, I get a pink color)

Also, the orange color for voice makes confusion with Dorico note selection who is also orange,
so it’s hard to know if the note is selected or it’s a voice color.

Thank you for your attention :slight_smile:

No, there’s no specific link between the index of the voice on a staff and its colour. The colours and indeed numbers are assigned dynamically at runtime, so if you have e.g. four voices, and one of them ends up empty, the next time you open the project, that empty voice will have been removed, so one or more of the remaining voices will now have different numbers and colours.

Basically, try not to get too hung up on the number or colour for a given voice. The idea is simply that you can tell the voices apart, not that (with the exception of assigning independent voices in Play mode) the specific identity of a voice matters a great deal.

Thank you very much, Daniel!

I understand that the color doesn’t refer to a voice number.

Just to do not be confused, as I wrote in my last comment,
the orange color for voice makes confusion with Dorico note selection who is also orange,
so it’s hard to know if the note is selected or it’s a voice color.
It would be nice to have Blue Pink Green and Purple for example.

Best,

Basically, a selected note should have a special colour that does not belong to the colour spectrum of the note colour.

Yes that would be ideal, but now, in my case, the 4th or 5th voice get orange, and when I select it turn a little darker but still hard to know
if it meaning selected or a voice layer color.