Volume automaiton and channel volume

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to link the general volume of a channel to its volume automaion? I mean, when I move the fader of the volume of a channel, the volume automation stays independent of that change and I have to readapt it. Is there a simple way to make the automation change in relation to changing the volume of the channel?

I hope I expalined myself well, sorry about my English :open_mouth:

Thanks in advance!

Not quite sure if I understand you correctly so sorry if this is not answering your question!

The automation has read and write buttons…if in read only then the fader follows automation but if in write the automation will follow the fader. Different automation modes affect what happens when you let go of the fader.

But If you already automated and now want to change overall volume without losing the data, you can use automation trim mode (set in automation panel) or you could add a vca fader as a second level of control over that channel (or indeed multiple channels)

Thanks for the answer Grim

It looks like I didn’t really understand what I asked so now I checked in Cubase again about the automation.
And if I set a channel in kontakt to go beyond zero db, then when I automate I can’t get passed the 0 db? It seems like when the automation takes the control, it can’t get passed zero db.

And about the trim mode, does it change to automation relateively, as if I was moving the whole automation a little bit up or down?

Thanks in advance!

And if I set a channel in kontakt to go beyond zero db, then when I automate I can’t get passed the 0 db? It seems like when the automation takes the control, it can’t get passed zero db.

What exactly are you automating…a kontakt setting, a Mixconsole channel fader??

And about the trim mode, does it change to automation relateively, as if I was moving the whole automation a little bit up or down?

Yes.

Thanks Grim

It’s a channel in Kontakt yes. Once I enable the ‘R’ button, I can’t set it to more than 0 db (drawing the line at the top -127- equalls zero db).
So maybe I just work in an incorrect way, and shouln’t pass zero db in Kontakt channel to begin with?