Volume issues using Focusrite Pro 40 with Firewire adapter

Hi everyone. Hoping to get some assistance. I recently purchased Cubase 10 pro and installed it on my new imac that uses Mojave 10.14. I use a Focusrite Pro 40 and had to purchase a thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter. I got everything set up but when I go to recored the waveform volume on my track is so high it is just solid. My interface is not peaking and I keep it at -6 to -18 db. I use a Line 6 Helix but no matter how I adjust the volume it doesn’t make a difference. I tried going straight into the interface and using a toontracks guitar plugin, but got the same results. I have to turn the interface volume down to 0 and active the trim pad just to get a normal looking waveform. Is there a setting I am missing in Cubase or my Mac perhaps to help with this? Is it possible the adapter is part of the issue. I never had this problem with my older Mac as it had a firewire input. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jesse

To zoom in on the contents of parts and events vertically, use the waveform zoom slider in the top right corner of the event display.
This is useful when viewing quiet audio passages.

Important
To get an approximate reading on the level of the audio events by viewing the waveforms, make sure this slider is all the way down. Otherwise, zoomed waveforms may be mistaken for clipped audio.

That did the trick! Thanks so much.