VSL Pro and 32 BIt and 64 bit machines

Hey guys , I am re-locating my studio and will be making a few changes, my OLD system was all 32 bit windows XP SP3 and had a Master machine with 3 slave machines all rigged with FX Teleport. I loved the fact that I could have all the drum software on one machine using it’;s RAM and have all of the Spectrasonics stuff on another and finally all of the Kontakt stuff on another etc… the system worked flawlessly … but since i am moving and most software is 64 bit now I am going to take the plunge and get Cubase 7 , this way I can get some software that I have been dying to get like SSD / Re-Voice Pro and a few others that I can not use. So I have made the decision , my question is this .
Is anyone using Cubase 7/Win 7/64 with VSL pro 64 , with the slave machines being 32 bit ?? and is that possible
I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone could give me . I start the build in a week and am dam excited to build my dream studio .
Frank

Is it possible VSL is actually VEP in your question ? (vienna ensemble pro (5))
If so: i think the answer is that it works fine. Very well in fact…
You can use both the 32 and 64 bit servers together.
They use their own seperate (32/64) vstinstruments to connect in cubase.
There are very few limits with such a setup.
But with 3 slaves you might want to be sure that your networking capabilities are sufficient.

But reading you’re going from XP age hardware to W7/8 multicore + ssd style hardware, you will probably be very happy soon. :slight_smile:
The difference is quite huge.

kind regards,
R.

Thanks for replying , so I am planning to make a new Master 4 bit Win 7 etc machine with a fresh copy of Cubase 7 , I would like to imnport the old cubase 5 32 bit projects in to Cubase 7 64 and open old 32 bit fxteleport vst’s with VEP , do you think that will work

If the question is if the old C5 projects with FXteleport connected slaves (hosting vst’s) will be loaded/converted into VEP instances, i actually do not know (but it does not seem logical since it is different software), but i can say that VSL has a very friendly forum where they respond quickly. Put that specific compabilityquestion on their forum.

Why shouldn’t you stay with teleport in such a case ?

http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

kind regards,
R.

Hi. fx Teleport is no longer made and has no 64 bit software. Boy it was easy to use

So the second link in my previous post from fx-max is actually down ?

When your slaves are still those 32 bit machines, i see no direct reason to change to VEP since 32 bit plugs are also hosted with a 32 bit server on vep, even when you host them locally on the main machine… but indeed VEP delivers a 32 bit server and a 64 bit server that works seperately. I love the way the program works and it is very efficient on resources.

Hopefully someone with a likewise experience will jump in on this topic and can give you a little more on the conversion side for your old projects, but i think it is a good idea to try the Vienna forum out since changing things like you are doing is quite a big change technically if you want to preserve all your old stuff.