VST Bass Amps

You think that sounds good, you should try an actual Music Man through an actual Eden head! That was my gigging rig for over 15 years. With tone like that I had no reason to ever buy another bass or amp again! :mrgreen:

Oh, sweet, seems like it would be a great combo. I’m making a one man band record and keyboard bass is definitely the weak link in my chain and abilities, but I’m impressed with how real it’s sounding.

Nice thread!

I thought I was the only one but I see when it comes to this plug, you guys are ‘on it’.

I still like the way IK stuff ‘feels’ in my hand but this Steiny plug comes very close
and without a doubt, all the ‘sounds’ are there.

Good Luck!
{‘-’}

In most proper studios the first thing most engineers do is DI the bass anyway! I’d say there’s probably no amp or cab involvement in 80% of all basslines ever recorded! That said I like the Bass Amp VST. Being a Trace user for 20 years now I’d say the modelling sounds reasonably accurate.

For rock and roll I’d say a bass amp is _bass_ically a requirement.

Nah - rock and roll should have double bass being slapped hard like a cheap tart! :laughing:

I find myself using/liking this thing. As simple as that.

As a long time Trace Elliot user for recording and performance I second this opinion. The Amp Rack model, despite not having a GE like the real thing, sounds pretty close to my two TE heads*. The Amplitube ‘green’ lacks both bottom and the ‘growl’ that I associate with TE. I have Amplitube 4, and whilst the guitar emulations offer lots more variety than Cubase’s guitar Amp Rack, the bass section of Amplitube is heavily weighted to Ampeg, a good quality brand that has never appealed to me. To be honest I find Amplitube’s in house solid state amp model the most useful one in the bass amps available to me in the deluxe edition I have, and that’s the one in the basic version too.

• I also use Hartke, and (mutter behind hands) a Harley Benton BP300 for rehearsals and small venues. No really, it’s very good, and everso loud with another 1X15 underneath.

Did you try the orange AD200B & Fender bassamp emulations? I find these very usable & great sounding.
Te fender& orange’s are available as collections or in the custom shop.

I’m a bit of stick in the mud! I found the tone I liked in the early 90s and have not found one I liked more ever since.

I’m laying of the purchase of more stuff until I have worked out how to use what I already have. Could be years . .

But I did run the ‘try’ option on the Orange and it reminded me why I don’t like bass valve amps - that tendency to an attenuated uncontrolled bottom end farting noise I have never found attractive. Mind you, I’ve never been the same since a 300w Marshall exploded on me. No really, actually exploded.

I wonder if the iTech could be a Laney Nexus?

Which speaker emulator are you using? Any comments?

Imo there’s a new bass amp plugin king now - Brainworx. Their Ampegs for UAD and the Bassdude are killing it.

Which speaker emulator are you using? Any comments?

The speaker emulation I talk about is an stompbox simulation built-in after the DI speaker tap. It emulates a 8x10 if I recall it right.
I have to feed the DI 48 volt Phantom to make it active.

I have forgotten the brand of the speaker emulation, sorry.

I was very into amplitube but after demoing softube bass amp room I was converted…it sounds great.
lower cpu usage too.