VST Connect Performer 3.0.1 crashes when scanning plugins

I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have Cubase 6.5, 7 , 7.5 and 8 installed as well all as 32-bits (because of third party 32-bit plugins))

I did something bad, I pointed out c:\ as plugin folder in VST Connect Performer 3.0.1. Scanned and it crashed. Now, whenever I open VST Connect Performer it always scans on startup and crashes (when it comes to som DLLs in the Windows related forlder. I can’t get anywhere to set the VST plugin folder to something better.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both as 32-bit and 64 bit versions of VST Connect Performer, nothing works. I’ve tried Repair as well. I’ve looked into the installation directory to find any config files and even the registry but I’ve not found anything,

Help! How to I change the VST plugin folder to scan manually? Where is this setting saved?

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. It looks like that you have plug-ins which will trouble the Performer. To remove all user settings you need to delete the following files

File : C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer.ini
Folder_32 : C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer
Folder_64 : C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64

Can I please ask? Can you zip folder “Folder_32” and “Folder_64”? And can you send me the zip files as a private message? This would be very helpful to see what has gone wrong.

Have a nice day,
Michael.

Thanks for getting back, I at my daytime job right now but I will fix this tonight when I get home.

It worked!

So the set path to the plugins folder to s scan can be found in
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\Steinberg\VST Connect Performer_64\Vst2Folder.xml

I just changed

to

It starts up fine now!