VST Connect Performer crashes scanning VST 3's

VST Connect Performer 3.0.40 64-bit crashed in the middle of scanning after clicking the box next to VST 3 in the plug-in manager, and now crashes every time I try to open it from what looks like the same process, even after uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.

Any thoughts?

…In other words; how do I uninstall it so it will stop trying to scan for plugs when I reinstall it?

While scanning it creates or updates a file with such information. The next time it shouldn’t scan a plug that crashed during a prior scan anymore. You may want to keep the according file and re-apply after a reinstall, but I guess it should do that automatically (meaning to say it will not delete those files when un-installing). On Windows, this is somewhere in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Steinberg\VST Connect XXX, on Mac I don’t know but similar location.

Awesome! Thank you, musicullum. Deleting that folder did the trick. At least now I’m back to where I can use it. Any tips on using my local plug-ins? Should I try VST2, or should I just leave it alone?

Thanks again!

Hi,

sorry to hear that. You’ve deleted the plug-database folder. That’s fine. You are now back to “default”. Can you zip that folder and send it to me? (m.spork (at) steinberg.de) We need to find out which plug troubles the Performer.
If the folder is already gone, press the VST3 button. Sorry that it will crash … :frowning:

Have a nice day,
Michael.