VST Connect Pro 5.5.20.661 Major issues

Thanks so much. I shall delve into the Transit option and take a look.

I’ll also ask the v/os who have now registered with MySteinberg to try and find me. (as adders).

I’ve been through all the firewall /antivirus shenanigans, no joy there unfortunately.

At present, the VST Performer 4.0.44 Hotfix seems to work best with a lot of folk struggling with 5.5.10, for some reason!

Thanks

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk

image002.jpg

Can you elaborate on this? Did you have that experience yourself? We looked it up, and there have not been any significant changes to anything related to the connection process, be it the ID method or via friends.
Also looked up the database and there is nothing with “Trisha” in the (Transit/Connect) username.

Basically the performer and I are usually able to link up with each other when we use 4.0.44 (using the ID method).

With 5.5.10, when the performer enters the Key nothing happens.

No error message, no flashing warning lights….nothing!

Are we doing something wrong?

Enclosed is Trisha’s MySteinberg log in/profile info…Confirming the details she used to register.

Out of interest, do you see me when you search ‘adders’ ?

Thanks for the continued help.

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk

image001.jpg

image005.jpg

I told you we don’t need the My Steinberg credentials, but the additional user name she had to provide once in VST Connect Performer. I assume she got away with it and forgot that name. We are not allowed to - and don’t want to - make a connection between her My Steinberg account data and the Transit (VST Connect) user name. If you are desperate, we can tell you where she can find that name in the user AppData folder.
However, having checked changes between versions again, while there have indeed not been any changes to the connection process, as it would work fine, we did make changes to the user interface. And looking at your picture once more, that is probably the very trivial cause of all the confusion: it shows, that the ID process has been activated (blue lit ID indicator), but the return key does not activate the connection process; for this, she has to click the Connect Button right aside the right number field (that is, left to the lit ‘ID’ indicator). Did you ever have her try that?
Sorry for the confusion. We will make sure to have the return key work as expected in upcoming versions. Hope that helps.

I can find gpsmusic but not Trisha. I did find ‘Patricia’ though, maybe…?

Wicked…That will totally sort it, I’m sure!

Massive thanks…I’ll worry about connecting via the non-key method when I’ve more time!

Cheers

AJ

image001.png

BEST RADIO COMMERCIAL BEST USE OF MUSIC

image002.png

LBS.CO.UK

image002.jpg

Hi

Just an update. Yes pressing the ‘share’ button establishes a link…So that is a big win!!

My only issue now is that I am not able to ‘Get HD files’, as it appears that no files are being recorded on the performer’s computer. In one of your earlier responses you said:

Each Performer channel has a record enable button in the upper “RECORDING” section (PRO only). In former versions, the one assigned to the MASTER channel could not be disengaged, now it can.

However I cannot see any such ‘Enable Button’. There is a little red led near the FX section which I clicked on but it made no difference. Where exactly is this button. Do you have a screen grab of it? Yes- I’m using VST Connect Pro!!.. Once I know how to capture the performer’s native HD files, this will definitely be my go to software for remote voice over sessions.

Thanks

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk

image001.jpg

The little red LED is the one. It needs to be activated (lit) or no HD for the Master channel will be recorded. This is for the case where you make multitrack recordings (e.g. drums) and thus don’t need HD for the stereomix.
See picture and more here:

But once you engaged that LED and recorded on Performer tracks, you should be able to download HD files via the (cogwheel) Manager Tab, no? Do you get realtime recording on said tracks though?

Hi

Ok so I enabled that LED but there were no HD files recorded at the performer end. Thankfully, our broadband connection was good so the realtime recordings were usable. But as you know this can sometimes be hit and miss if the connection is glitchy.!

Do I (or the performer) need to activate something else to ensure the HD files are being recorded?.

When I link remotely using Clean Feed or Source Connect, the V/O will use some software at their end to capture their native recordings . I then have to wait from them to get round to sending the files – usually via WeTransfer or similar. Being able to make edits during the session with the realtime audio then having the edits replaced by their HD files is a massive time saving game changer!

Thanks

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk

How do you know? What do you expect? It doesn’t happen automatically, you have to check the Manager tab, did you?

I know because , having selected the record enable button/LED, and then conducting the session, once completed I was then expecting to be able to press the Get HD files button in the Manager section, once the session was over ( but the link still established, obvs)…

However the HD files count was ‘0’ and the Get HD button was unclickable. FYI_The performer could not see any native audio files in her Steinberg folder on her computer.

I used to be able to grab HD files from performers using 4.0.45 and earlier… I not sure if that’s of any significance.?

Thanks

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk

This is new. You said ‘I’ve used VST Connect for several years.’ so I take you know the routine. I wouldn’t know of any reason for a successful take on the Studio side (there is - right?) with no HD recording, when any of the record enable buttons were active. At least, not without any error message.
Performer is on Windows or Mac? And uses the same version I hope. The only thing I can think of is a violation of user rights with the VST Connect Performer folder where recordings are stored. But that should cause an error message.
So we need all details possible, her folder location, and maybe a studio screenshot of a successful recording along with the Manager opened? This is highly unusual.

Sure thing… Will try to organise. It’s really testing the v/o’s patience as they are used to simple using Clean Feed/Source Connect/ ISDN links etc… So finding guinea pigs is tricky!

I’ll be back…

Thanks

AJ

image001.png

lbs.co.uk