VST Connect Pro

Hi forum,

I noticed that the new VST connect Pro is available form Steinberg.
I was wondering about the usage of the application in an audio post environment.

Can VST connect Pro somehow be used with video from the Nuendo timeline?
Is it possible to remote control / slave a DAW on the other end to timecode coming from my machine?
Is this functionality then limited to Steinberg DAWs or is there a bridge to system wide Midi TC, so that Pro Tools could be slaved and play out video?
Does Steinberg offer Pro users a worldwide database that enables you to find studios around the globe? (like the APT-X list or Source Connect website)

Ollie

… so far i see no support for nuendo at this time,
as compatible is only Cubase/Artist 7 mentioned ,

since Protools doesnt support VST , i doubt it will run with VST connect.

The person on the other end doesn’t need a DAW , they just download the free client software and run that.

They then just become part of your session, only on the other side of the world :smiley:

MC

The person on the other end needs to see a video in sync.

For the moment, VST Connect Pro can not sync/lock 2 DAW’s to timecode and can’t send timeline video to the performer.
But we are nagging the developer/product manager to include these two features so it can become an (extremely) powerfull tool within the world of Post Production.
Currently, it is mainly aimed at recording a performer who is sitting in his/her own home studio.

And as soon as the smartphone app. is available, it will become a handy tool for clients to listen in/assist to recording sessions without being actually present in the studio.

BTW, the plugin works perfectly in Nuendo.

HTH
Fredo

Is this functionality then limited to Steinberg DAWs or is there a bridge to system wide Midi TC, so that Pro Tools could be slaved and play out video?

This! Currently working on a way to stream picture and audio to a director for an ADR session. This would be an amazing post audio tool, especially in combination with the ADR Taker toolkit. john.

@Fredo

Aloha and TIA,

How about score/notation info?

Can the other musician ‘see’ that?
{‘-’}

Video streaming would be AWESOME, +20000

If it could work in a local network, it would be pretty good too :slight_smile:

The current version does work within a local network. All “members” within the network are detected automatically.

Fredo

Ouch!

Thanks Fredo :slight_smile:

+1 On DAW remote control
Protools timecode plugin bridge would be amazing.