VST Connect w/ Townsend Labs Sphere L22

I have a have client with whom I use VST Connect. He is interested the Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Modeling Microphone. I’m wondering if I can use the modeling software remotely on my side or if the system is tied to the hardware where only he can manipulate the mic features?

Hi rabdaddy,
I am sorry, you can only load or remove plug-ins remotely.

See you,
Michael.

Thanks Michael.

I’ve not tried this myself even though I’m an L22 owner and have clients who use them too, but you could utilise Teamviewer to remote edit the L22 plugin settings at the client end. Just make sure on your end that the FX option in VST Connect is not set to record. You would be able to monitor the clients settings in VST Connect Pro. You should end up with a clean stereo track of the L22. Post record, you can then mirror the L22 plugin settings in your DAW in case you want to change mic, pattern etc.

Thanks Steve. I’ll give that a try. Question, if you know: Do you need the PRO version?

You would indeed. Lots of benefits with it over the basic version. Multitrack recording being one of them. Most tracks recorded at once in a single recording to date is 11. Still amazes me every time I use it.

Thanks again, Steve.

1 Like