VST Edit Mode, strange behaviour [ANSWERED]

Hi all,
I’m experiencing a strange behaviour which is annoying me.

Normally I can edit VST parameters simply accessing the VST in the INSERT SLOT, double-clicking it and accessing its GUI in “realtime” (1.png attached).

There are some kinds of VSTs that have a different behaviour.
Double-clicking the VST in the INSERT SLOT brings a small window showing the name of the VST (2.png attached).
2.png
Then I need to double-click the plugin image to access the parameters (3.png attached).

Fortunately this happens with few plugins, it started on my OS X 10.7 installation, I can’t remember when but I’m sure the behaviour was “standard”. I assume this happened after installing some system updates but I’m not completely certain about it.
I’ve recently installed OS X 10.10 from scratch and the behaviour hasn’t changed.

Do you have similar experiences?
Is this due to a problem?
Is it solvable?

Thank you,

Dave

Hi davecosta,

I have an instrument called Wobble by Sonivox. It opens the same way, and always has, thru multiple versions of Cubase and the Mac OS. I notice too that your background is grayed when the full view is open. Wobble does the same thing. In fact, if I uncheck “Always on Top”, the full view of Wobble can’t open.

My difference is that I only have to single click to open. If I mouse over the small version, text pops up that says “Click to Edit”.

It seems it’s just the way the plugin is designed.

This means that the plug-in is a 32-bit one and is bridged to the 64 bit Cubase application. To get rid of this you have to get the 64 bit version of the plug-in.

cheers

Thank you Arne Scheffler for your replay.
This absolutely makes sense.

… it started on my OS X 10.7 installation, I can’t remember when but I’m sure the behaviour was “standard”. I assume this happened after installing some system updates but I’m not completely certain about it.

I then assume that it started when I decided to switch Cubase 7.5 to 64 bit.

Regards,

Dave