VST Enabled track plays other VST tracks as well

Could you try to thrash your preferences.

I recent my preferences. Still the same. Even when i open up the template projects…still the same. I think Im just going to give it cause nothing seems to work. I could try to uninstall and reinstall cubase but idk if that will work

Monitor should be off for instrument and midi tracks. It’s basically only useful for monitoring real time signals coming into your DAW from external sources like a microphone or external synths. ‘Record enabled’ does the same for instrument and midi tracks within Cubase.

So, I can see you are using 2 separate instrument tracks using Halion SE? Maybe you’re routing the midi output of the record enabled (GM015) track to the (GM01) instance?

If is still doesn’t work I would suggest to create a new project to just to rule out any actions you might have done already? But first do this:

a. Go to Preferences > VST > Auto Monitoring and set it to 'Manual".
b. Go to Preferences > Project & MixConsole and set ‘Enable Record on Selected MIDI Track’.

Save settings and follow these steps one by one as I describe below:

1. Create a new project
  2. Create a new instruments track using Halion SE (HSE).
  3. Open HSE on this track and select a sound on channel 1.
  4. Make sure that ‘record enabled’ is active (should automatically be enabled once you select the track?) and play the sound. If everything went well you should hear the sound you selected?

Let’s create another instrument track:

1. Repeat steps 2~4 for another new track and make sure "record enabled’ is active.

2. When playing your midi keyboard you should now only hear this track with the sound you selected?

3. Record something and press stop after you’re done.

4. Play it back and make sure you hear what you’ve recorded.

5. Select the first track you created during 2~4. You should only see ‘record enabled’ activated on this track!

6. Play your midi keyboard. You should only hear the sound you selected on this track?

7. Start playback.You should hear the sound you recorded on track 2 and be able to play along using the sound of track 1?

8. Record something on track 1 an press stop.

9. Now play back from the beginning and you should hear both tracks play back?

That should be it and you should be able to create as many tracks as you want?

I you still run into problems just let me know.

Hi,

How would you do this? There are no MIDI Sends on the Instrument track.

I’m not talking about ‘midi sends’? I’m talking about ‘midi outputs’! As you should clearly be able to see in your own quote? If you have two separate instances of Halion SE and are troubleshooting one might get lost and confused and end up sending both instrument tracks to the same instance of Halion SE using the same midi channel? IMO this may well be be the issue at hand?

That’s why I proposed to start fresh and create a completely new project and create instrument tracks from scratch.

Hi,

Is it even possible to select other already existing instrument as the instrument track destination? I don’t think so. You can do this with the MIDI tracks only.

Then you would hear the very same sound on both tracks.

Sometimes I would like to thrash my preferences!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice to see you are having fun about my phones dictionary thought i was talking about a metal subgenre :unamused: