VST folder question

Long story short, I had to reinstall windows and as a result, reinstall cubase and all of my vsts. I installed cubase no problem and all of my vsts also with no problem. However, when I open up cubase and try to add a new vst intstrument none of my vsts are there. I installed cubase elements 6 64 bit on my windows 7 64 bit laptop, just as before. I checked and there is a VstPlugins folder in my Program Files (x86) folder. The steinberg folder is located in Program Files folder, not Program Files (x86). Is there any way to tell cubase to look for VST’s in that folder? Or any other way to solve this problem. I’ve reinstalled cubase lots of times before and never had this problem, at least not that I can recall. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Click on Devices on the top Menu in the drop down menu select “Plug-in information”
Click on VST 2.x Plug in Paths.
Click on “Add”
Select the folder that has the plugins you want to add.
Click OK
Close and Restart Cubase

Thanks for the help. Everything was added except Kontakt 4, which is the most important vst I have…Also when I try to play kontakt 4 through the standalone program it has no instruments in the library and when I try to update the library it says “The database is read only and cannot be changed”…any help?

Nevermind I solved the problem after messing around with it for a little bit. Thanks for the help.

Maybe you wanna enlighten the rest of us, so people can refer to this thread and also come to a solution…

Kontakt wasn’t in the VST Folder so cubase couldn’t find it. I still haven’t fixed the standalone kontakt problem because it says everything is read only, but I never use the standalone kontakt anyway so it doesn’t matter.

According to the answer of a friend from another forum;

Summary;

For Steinberg Cubase and 64-bit OS

\

1. VST Plugins;

Program Files - Steinberg - Cubase LE AI Elements 8 - VSTPlugins

2) AAX Plugins;

Program Files - Steinberg - Cubase LE AI Elements 8 - VSTPlugins

3) VST3 Plugins;

Program Files - Steinberg - Cubase LE AI Elements 8 - VST3

4) VST2 Plugins;

wherever you want