I’ve tried for several hours to get Spectrasonics Omnisphere VST working as it has been for the past few months. I am using Cubase Pro 9.5.40 and Omnisphere updated to the latest version 2.5.1d, on Windows 10 v1803.
I have tried numerous things including:
- Removing all over plugins from VST directories, leaving just Omnisphere, Groove Agent and Halion SE.
- Deleting the Cubase 9.5_64 directory in Appdata Roaming.
- Starting Cubase with ctrl, alt, shift so it loads with default settings.
- Uninstalling Cubase and then reinstalling fully Cubase v9.5.40
- In Cubase, selecting rescan in Plugins Manager.
- In Cubase, selecting reactivate Omnisphere. This causes Cubase to crash out.
I have on occasion, when doing step 2 above, have had Omnisphere appear in the VST instruments section again and in the Cubase Plugins Manager window it does say that Omnisphere has reactivated. But when I load my project, a window comes up saying that Cubase has encountered problem, please save your work and restart Cubase. When I do, Omnisphere is once again blacklisted.
I’m at a lost now, how to get Omnisphere VST working again?