VST Live 1.4.60 Pre-Release

Hi,

it’s Friday again? Cool! Because it means that a new version 1.4.60 is online.

You can download it here . You also can find a Version History there. If you found new bugs or bugs which are not fixed, please create a new thread and title it with [1.4.60].

New features are

Actions : On/Off and Inside Controls

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17.28.51

VST Live now has 4 types of switches

• Button: triggers once, like a push button
  • Toggle: toggles on/off with every event
  • OnOffButton: data 0-63 off, else on
  • Inside: issues ON if data is inside data range (from - to), else OFF

Actions: Data Invert

VST Lived added an Invert

In the picture, cc#12 controls Layer 1 Volume and at the same time Layer 2 Volume inverted for x-fading Layers 1 and 2.
cc#13 scans through 3 Layers, and only one Layer is active (not muted) at any time. Note the invert settings for all of those to mimick a “Solo” action, which is not applicable in this case, as it would solo other channels etc as well.
This was requested by Falfango Expression mode like in Halion Symphonic Orchestra - #4 by Falfango

App : Peak Hold to CPU Meter

If a CPU peak was detected …
cpumeter

… VST Live will hold the CPU Peak …
cpumeter2

… und until it will be reseted. How? Just click to the read peak.

Tracks : Visual Transpose Control for Chord Inspector

The Chords Editor already has a Visual Transpose control. Now, this control has been added to the inspector.

Enjoy your weekend,
Michael

6 Likes

Thanks! - 1.4.60 not up yet?

Sorry, coming soon.

… the version is online now!

/Michael.

1 Like

Hallo Michael,
thank you so much for your never ending enthusiasm and creativity.
Every saturday I’m downloading your work and integrate it in my system
I’m using VST Live pro since more than a half year. And made my first Video, called “Making off” on my YouTube MUSELL cannel
If here’s not the right place to show, you should delete it.
I got a lot of experience by using the Software
There are a lot of great possibilities to work with. Shure much more than I every can use, I hope you aren’t angry if I give you some flash light of things, which are complicated to me.

1. I’m using a Trackball Mouse MX Ergo from Logitec for my WIN10 Acer i9 Notebook. There is a scroll wheel on the top to scroll up and down on the VST Live pro menue tables. But if I do it on the Track menue, it changes the volume (faders) of some tracks too. Is there a way to switch off the Track and Mixer Faders after the perfect set-up? This would help people like me who use VST Live pro complete automated. Never change a running system - you know!
    To get a homogeneous over all song loudness I tranfer the Track out of Cubase 12 pro after I normalize every single track. I usually don’t use Groups because at Live I need often more Bassdrum and less HiHat Sound than on a mastered streamable Single Song. Uuuh, it’s quite complicated to describe this in english to me. In the histrory I had often problems to tranfer Track out of different Songs which are using the same Track name. Such as BASS or SNARE. VST Live pro often took the wrong BASS in another Song. So I changed my process. I first give all the Tracks a specific Name. For example: The Song calls “Gib mir Musik” the BASS Track use the name “GmB Bass”. Since this time there are no problems for VST Live pro to use the right track.
    My way to use DMX is a complete different but to me perfect way. I’m using the MIDI controlled Enttec EMU Software. That means, I create two Midi Tracks at Cubase (Program and Bank) and there’s a little helper called loopMIDI that translate the Midi Notes I can record via Keyboard in from EMU readable DATA.
    At EMU I create Light pictures which the VST Live pro transmitted Midi Tracks can easy control. I’m happy to found this way. Maybe you find time to watch my Making Off Video and I will give you more information about my experiences. I love VST Live pro, but can understand, that there are a lot of people didn’t take the time to understand how to use it. Maybe I can help as a User to bring it on more Stages.
    Best regards Michael alias MUSELL
1 Like

That’s my Live Rack
Acer Predator i9 Notebook
Rack 19" 10HE
Zoom UAC-8 Interface
Behringer Air XR18 Mixer
Shure PSM 300 - InEar System
Behringer Feedback Destroyer FBQ2496
Palmer Splitter PRM LS
Adam Hall Power Strip 874716
Out/input panel FOH & DMX
Enttec USB pro DMX Interface
Software
Steinberg Cubase 12 pro
Steinberg VST Live pro
Enttec EMU
Zoom UAC-8 MixEFX Mixer

1 Like

To your question about unwanted fader issue with mouse wheel take a look here Feature Requests - #555 by Falfango

… thank you for the flowers, @MUSELL We try our best and we are really happy about your feedback! I’ll the team.

… yes, follow the link from @Falfango. Open the Preferences, Select INTERFACE and untick “Use Mouse-Wheel for Controls”.

… ah, yes! There is a problem when a Cubase project uses a file called “C:/audio/files/SNARE.wav” and another one has the same filename but another path “C:/moreAudio/files/SNARE.wav”. We’ll check.

Thank you very much for sharing your workflow!
See you,
Michael.