VST Live won’t boot - Mac

I had no issues with the trial version of VST Live so I purchased and installed the pro version. It won’t boot… just disappears after about a second and I get the “VST Liv quit unexpectedly” window. I have of course deleted and re-installed it several times. I have no problem with Cubase Pro 12. Wavelab Pro 11, or any other audio/studio programs on this Mac. VST Live just checks the license, and then disappears. Almost all of my VSTs are on an external drive… I did try disconnecting it… I moved “com.steinberg.VST Live to the desktop… nothing seems to work.

MacBook Pro 16 2024, M3 Max, 32 Gb ram

SOLVED!! After several hours of both research and guessing… I tried holding op keys down while booting. “Control” did the trick. I don’t know why as there is no “run as admin” on a Mac…

Hi @Pipe_Dreams,

VST Live does not have any special key trick while the initialize sequence. It sounds that some plug-ins have crashed VST Live while the scanning-sequence. Do you received any crash logs from the system? Can you please check if some logs were saved?
path : /Users/username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

Can you drop the files here?

Thank you,
Michael.

Michael, there were 2 log files in “activation manager”. I have pasted both of them below. As per crashed plug ins, has not happened with Cubase or Wavelab - and their “blocked plugin” lists are empty as opposed to the VST Live list which has several entries. Thanks for looking Into this for me. If I am going to use VST Live - LIVE - I will want to know it is rock solid.

Marty

Logs.zip (101 KB)

Logs.zip (108 KB)