VST quick controls weird problem

I have set VST Quick Controls up and they are working fine with some VSTs as soon as I create a new instrument track e.g. Kontakt, Halion Sonic but with other instruments they don’t work until I add an instrument track of a working instrument and then the ones that didn’t work start working. Has anyone had this experience and do you know what I am doing wrong or a setting that needs changing? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

Which instrument exactly are you talking about, please?

Could you write step by step instructions, please?

Hi Martin, Thanks for your reply. I use Cubase 11 Pro and a Nektar LX88+ midi controller.

The process is as follows

Open Cubase,
create an empty project
load Groove Agent –
LX88 faders do not have any effect on the VSTi in the right zone or on its GUI
Load Halion Sonic SE
LX88 faders control the VSTi in the right zone when the Halion track is in focus
LX88 faders control the VSTi in the right zone when the Groove Agent track is in focus. The faders also work on the GUI controls in both.

New test – remove all tracks
Load BBC SO VSTi (Spitfire Audio)
LX88 faders do not have any effect on the VSTi in the right zone or on its GUI
Load Halion Sonic SE
LX88 faders control the VSTi in the right zone when the Halion track is in focus
LX88 faders control the VSTi in the right zone when the BBC SO track is in focus.
The faders also work on the GUI controls in both.
I also noted that if I delete the Halion track the other track still works.

In my original test a few days ago I tried various VSTis. Some worked first time and others didn’t until I loaded a working VSTi.

Ones that worked first time were: Halion Sonic SE, Kontakt, Spitfire LABS, Analogue Lab, Cinematic Pads, Aperture 3 The stack, Retrologue.
Ones that didn’t work until a working VSTi was loaded were: Korg M1, BBC SO, Padshop 2, Groove Agent, Vital Synth. I have not tried any other VSTis yet.

I hope this information is clear. Please let me know if you have any ideas or need more info.

Thanks and regards, Chris Rollason

Hi,

Sorry, I cannot reproduce it here.

The VST Quick Controls are moving in the Right Zone to me.

Do you use VST Quick Controls or Track Quick Controls, please? Even though it works in both cases (VST Quick Controls and Track Quick Controls) for me.