VST Transit 2. Coming soon

Today I came across this new plugin called Satellite Plugins by Mixed In Key and I am impressed how come Steinberg didn’t come up with such a brilliant idea. I just cannot think of using VST Transit anymore. So many features are missing.

VST Transit seems to be outdated and not new update has been released for quite a while now. A year has passed since the start of the pandemic and not update has been released supporting online collaboration.

Can please Steinberg give us some head-up regarding the future of VST Transit. I got tired of waiting. Any news would be welcome.

While Steinberg is falling behind with online collaboration tools, other companies are trying harder and achieving successful results.

Steinberg should follow this path, as online collaboration is the future.

Please give us VST Transit 2 with a complete overhaul, new features (folder track, fader in/out (not just straight line), automation, group tracks, FX, etc) and lastly, cross-DAW compatibility.

I am just sayin’

1 Like

Cubase is mostly outdated on most features. The use of Cords,varioaudio, is why im stil on cubase, it it wasent for that i would leave years ago, DAWs like Bigwit and Abelton is realy nice, but misses alot of cubase functions and visa versa, and i hawe used cubase for like over 25 years, som im realy fast i cubase, Steinberg is doing to much porly, soul focus og doing the basic stuff REALY good, instead of trying to do everything in a bad way!! Just my opinion

I agree that VST Transit was a fantastic idea that just don’t work very well. I would love to see it updated as most people have great bandwidth available to them. I mean, just the basics, like getting Retrologue to sync from 1 cubase 11 user to another should be a minimum - BUT it just don’t work.

When it comes to calling Cubase dated I disagree. Ableton Live 11 is still kinda new? - and their big news when it was released? you now can edit multiple takes into a comp track ?!?! all these “trendsetters” all over the internet giving praise to Ableton for this amazing feature. Seriously, it has been a part of Cubase so long I didn’t even think it was a feature. Cubase is very capable of hanging with the best features on most DAW’s. have the solved ARA? not really! All DAW have their issues.

Cubase is IMO the best DAW. Logic is pretty good, but Studio One might be the best soon if it continues to evolve in its rapid tempo.

Looking forward to Cubase 12 to see how much Steinberg dares to change as they are supposedly gonna go strictly VST3. Just fingers crossed that Steinberg don’t consider “dongle free” a feature.