vstscannermaster.exe deletes itself automatically

Hello,

Since today I have a problem, whenever I start Cubase, the vstscannermaster.exe deletes itself automatically. Because of this I can’t use VST3 plugins anymore.

New installation or repair are useless, as soon as I start Cubase the file will be deleted.

Has this problem ever occurred to anyone and been able to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by “vstscannermaster.exe deletes itself automatically”, please? Do you mean this is blacklisted?

Is Cubase installed on the C drive? Did you install it as an Administrator? Could you try to start it as Administrator? Could you try to start it in Win8 compatibility mode?

Does anything of this help?

I had the same issue. I found the root cause after anabling ntfs-audit on file vstscannermaster.exe. The process helper.exe (C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Helper.exe) deletes vstscannermaster.exe each time when you start cubase 10. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s a virus or windows security etc…

I deleted helper.exe and all is ok now.

I hope my solution will help you)

Yesterday, my Cubase 10.5.12 had the same!!! VSTSCANNERMASTER

I reinstall 21.5Gb full installation, but It DIDN`t help!!! Steinberg what are doing?!
How can I work???
ssssss.png

Hi and welcome,

Does anything from this thread help?

Hello, no it didn`t help. All Waves plugins have last versions. And all plugins work in Reaper!
And all plugins worked in Cubase before 10.5.12!!!

Hi,

I would recommend to reinstall Cubase. Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.

I did it. I wrote about it in the first message.
I uninstalled Cubase , and then Installed 21.5Gb FULL distributive with unzipping before it.
Cant remember about As administrator...but Im administrator by default…

Can I found Only Cubase with small size?…only program, because installing wizard tell me that all components installed - only Cubase will be installed.
Then installing about 1Gb of 21,5Gb downloaded FULL distributive - only cubase re-installed

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure, you were following all the rules for the safe installation.

Got the exact same problem
been trying to reinstall … same issue , Vstscannermaster.exe disappears at start up of cubase
tried disabling firewall and antivirus … sameresult
tried in admin … same
tried compatibility mode … same
I keep on digging …
hotline was helpless